Has Anyone Received a Lummi Order Recently? 18 Months and Waiting...

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
In the last 7 years, has Rob made anyone whole or did he go underground for 6 years and just resurface to scam a new generation of flashlight buyers?
Once a thief, always a thief, however....he may have sold the rights to someone else, or decided that ripping customers off is the 'killing of the golden goose' and whatever short term profit is followed by drought.

If you do take the plunge, just make sure that you've got at least good credit card protection in case nothing shows up. I really liked the Wee and probably still have a couple of his lights in boxes somewhere. Makes me want to dig them out again.

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see it in the way like kaichu dento!

If I know someone was a scammer / thief I will not do any business with this person. My money is perfect and I do not companies / persons that take money and deliver nothing.

An additional point to Lummi, here in the web archive the contact information from 2011: (loading may take a moment)

Here the current address of Orrbott:

Still the same area in the UK. There was also no real statement by Orrbott. At all it has a bad taste to me.
Even if someone took over the business. It is well known in the flashlight collector area that Lummi started with scamming at some point. I would not take over such a business because there will always be some bad memories of the people that never got what they ordered.

If that does not count to you at all, if you use i.e. PayPal you should be on the safer side in case you get nothing. Very often the buyer protection works. you only need to keep in mind when the buyer protection schedule ends...

Dobtruckers

Newly Enlightened
Why would anyone buy from a miserable, well-established, low-life crook; in my humble opinion.

Because I am a Copperholic with at least one copper flashlight from 111 different makers/manufacturers, including some that have only made one - and that one was for me. The thrill is often in the search - like trying to track down one of the ten copper lights made by Tmack (successful) or trying to get a copper McGizmo made (unsuccessfull - so far). After pestering Ben for three years he is now number 111 on my list with an absolutely beautiful copper Frelux Synergy3!

I have gotten emails from Rob and am proceeding cautiosly towards obtaining a copper Orb assuming one exists.

BTW, I have run a WTB ad and a separate post and not found anyone who has actually received one of the Orbs. Wondering if he EVER shipped one??

Monocrom

Flashaholic
No offense, a very poor reason to knowingly get intentionally cheated out of your money. But it is your money. If you wish to give it to a con-man, knowing he's very likely going to cheat you out of it, well; that's your business.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
111 copper lights?!?!?!?

1707418258396.png

Dobtruckers

Newly Enlightened
No offense, a very poor reason to knowingly get intentionally cheated out of your money. But it is your money. If you wish to give it to a con-man, knowing he's very likely going to cheat you out of it, well; that's your business.
Thanks for the advice.

Well the one and only copper Orb is now on this side of the pond in my collection of copper lights.
So to be clear, you purchased it this year from "Orrbott" and you can confirm Rob is running this new business? I'm glad you got it. I wanted a Raw for a long time, got so close to ordering one but it was a tough time for me and couldn't justify it.

Dobtruckers

Newly Enlightened
So to be clear, you purchased it this year from "Orrbott" and you can confirm Rob is running this new business? I'm glad you got it. I wanted a Raw for a long time, got so close to ordering one but it was a tough time for me and couldn't justify it.
Yes SIr, I ordered it on 2.11.24 and received it 3 days later (from the UK to Massachusetts) - one of the fastest/smoothest transactions once I finally pulled the triger of the hundreds of copper lights I have bought. And yes, I delt directly with Rob and he cooperated fully including sending me a video of the fully functioning light in front a monitor with current events showing in the background, with it's Lux-RC light engine. It was well packaged and included a sterling silver disc to use in the battery compartment cover. Not to say I wasn't nervous given all of the bad press he earned 10-15 years ago. He seems to have excellent ratings on his Etsy store. And according to Rob's emails, this was the only copper "Golden Orb" made, thus adding it to my one-of-one copper EDC items. And it is now shown as Sold Out on both the Orbott Etsy and websites.