Have You Ever Met a Fellow CPFer's In Person?

prescottrecorder

Newly Enlightened
Re: Have You Ever Met a Fellow CPFer\'s In Person?

I see the CPFer who "infected" me with flashaholicism, sort of like some of those relationships in the vampire books. I guess he would be like Lestat and Edison would be the "old one"

gregw

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've met one in Hong Kong and two from Australia (while I was on vacation there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif )

MikeF

Enlightened

I have met Dan, Mr. Tactical Warehouse, and have had the chance to sit down and talk at his place!! I live about 30 miles from him.

ksbman

Flashaholic*

I have met sflate and PJ.

sflate handled a group buy for pink MiniMags that he found on-line from a company in Switzerland. After he received them, he had business in the area and brought my Mags with him to give to me. I was supposed to meet him at a restaurant during his lunch, but I was late. He thankfully waited around in the parking lot until I arrived. I was sorry I didn't get to talk with him much.

I bought a 3C TwinTask from PJ and discovered he lives near-by. We met in a Walmart parking lot and talked until it started to rain.

I'm envious of the people who have gotten together with others at 'CPF events'. I like to travel, but all the events have been on weekends, when normal people have off. Me, being most definitely not normal, sleep during the day and have my weekend mid-week.

nexro

Enlightened

Actually there's more than 2 CPFers in my country /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
Wouldn't want to name them here but you will surely see them posting in CPF /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
The only one I haven't met is evanlocc because he's located "overseas" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

When your info includes your location, lunches can happen. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif The get-togethers (Sequoia, SHOT and Cambria) that I have been fortunate to attend were outstanding. Check out the Trade Show/Flashaholic Get Togethers board and try a "feeler" for your area.

Larry

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am not sure CPFers really exist. I am convinced that this is a really clever online AI program.

UncleFester

Flashaholic*,

[ QUOTE ]
JonSidneyB said:
I am not sure CPFers really exist. I am convinced that this is a really clever online AI program.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/aaa.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I think it's a simulation that Raggie cooked up on a Linux box. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Xrunner

Flashlight Enthusiast

Jon, are you sure you didn't cook "us" up so "we" would feel "normal" about our lighting habits and buy more rechargables from you and lights from people like Mr. Bulk? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Mike (aka AiX)

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast

I met Wayne Johnson ( Elektrolumens ). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Stopped by his shop to help Wayne pack some lights.

Moth

Newly Enlightened

I think Raggie is actually the only user - he writes every single response... even this one!

Tech a Billy

Newly Enlightened

Oh yea! I was fortunate to be able to attend Photon Fest II at Milkyspits house in November of 03' and met some great folks from the NY/NJ/Pa area. Saw many amazing things, learned a lot and had a lot of fun. Came home with some cool stuff too.

Then, I was really honored to attend the Shot Show in February of 04' as a guest of Arc Flashlight. After, at a party which was hosted by Arc, I met some of the heavy hitters of the flashlight world such as Paul Kim, Peter Gransee and Mr. Bulk and CPFer's Sasha, Darell, Mr. Ted Bear, CNC DAN, Otokoyama and many others (sorry for not listing everyone) Check the Trade Shows and Flashaholic Get Togethers back in Feb 04' for photos and more... I realize now as I did then that this was a rare privilege that I will always remember.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

Actually I have met quite a few CPFers but few will admit it. I live in a flashaholic dead zone. There might be 3 or 4 of us in Indiana and I have met one here. I have however met quite a few in Minn, Nev, and Cali. I have met Sasha twice. I have even met the mysterious PK, Don the guy with the funny light helmet and the cool lights, have met Bulky, have met the guy with the dress and lots of others.

E__WOK

Newly Enlightened

I'm met a few people, but the most scary was Size15. He is a monster, almost 2 feet taller than me. And he has humongous feet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast

but Size is a nice guy....not a monster at all.
I am kinda scary however.

litho123

Enlightened

I've met Raybo, who live a few towns over. I'll also be meeting another CPF'er this coming week.

If anyone is passing thru the chicago/O'Hare area for meetings, give me a holler.

JSB - you live a few towns over from my in-laws...they're south and east of Lewisville. At least a couple of times a year, there's one more in Indiana.