have flashlights ever made you feel like a idiot?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
ok i am a idiot it admit it!!!! for real a few weeks ago . most my town lost power!!!! so its day time at that point. i go around to ask if anyone needs a flashlight. i acourse meant if it turns dark before we regain power.. but now im sure they was asking if they need them while its sunny out. god im dumb lol

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't sweat it, man! Who hasn't been in a dark bathroom on the toilet when the lights went out? I mean, you just never know when and where you are going to need a backup light. You were doing the good neighbor thing, hopefully next time someone in the HOA wants to complain about you, they remember how nice you were.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
Idiot? No. But on my most recent Anduril lights the default cycling RGB secondaries have attracted unwanted attention until I reconfigured for the steady voltage indication.

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Have a flashlight made me feel like an idiot? No, not really. But I did feel like a being of below average intelligence when I was made self-aware of how I looked carrying my 12x 18650 Fenix TK76 like a club over my shoulder like a caveman prior to discovering the fire at a LAN-party many years back.

EDIT:
Why can't Fenix bring the TK76 back in an upgraded form? That thing was genius! Full flood, semi flood plus spot. Tail stand capability, and individual buttons (which I love!) for separate LED control.

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Idiot? No. But on my most recent Anduril lights the default cycling RGB secondaries have attracted unwanted attention until I reconfigured for the steady voltage indication.
Huh?
I've read that 4 times and still don't get it.
_storage_emulated_0_Download_BetterDangerousBluegill-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:

Jean-Luc Descarte

Enlightened
Once.

I felt an unpleasant mild burning sensation on my hip one night while I was out, and thought for a while that I was developing a rash. Eventually it got unbearable and I shoved my hand down my pant leg to touch it, and felt the same thing but much worse on my hand!

Turns out I'd dropped my Lumintop Tool AA v2.0 in my coin pocket like I usually do with all my lights, but unlike my 18650s and 21700s, it could turn on accidentally by being pressed by god knows what. And with 650lm Turbo mode memorised and a 14500 inside... you get the idea :crackup:

Lesson learned, never carried the Tool inside that pocket again. Only toted it by my wallet clipped to the edge of the pocket, a method that never earned me an unitended activation.

Last edited:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Idiot? No. But on my most recent Anduril lights....
That U.I. makes me feel like an idiot.
Thankfully the default setting is a good one.
One click for some output.
Another click for significantly brighter output.
Then switch the light off. Works for me!