Having problems w/LF3XT switch and need some help.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Again, I'm aware of all this.

The LF3XT is reported to have slight parasitic drain, which means that it has battery current contact at all times, for which a fleeting contact (knock) could cause voltage fluctuation, or whatever electrical anomaly (see below) which might be interpreted by the programing to be a trigger to light.

I'm no electronical :) engineer. Just a geek!

I relate this strange occurrence to the way my Pila IBC charger will immediately terminate a battery on charge if it is near completion and you touch the battery with your finger, without moving it Others have reported same.

Same goes for my Logitech Harmony universal TV/Audio remote. It has a back-lit display that is suppose to illuminate upon (brisk) movement (it goes out after 10sec or so) but will also light up sometimes just by sliding a finger on the side somewhere without even moving the remote.

I don't know the cause or what it's called, I just know the effect. :) :shrug:

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
H20flyer: It just dawned on me that you must be thinking that the switch on here is a click type. It is not. It is a momentary switch. Which also means that there is constant battery power to the unit and uses electronic switching. That's why it's possible to have the light come On, and stay On, without the switch being involved. The LF3XT uses the same technology as in the NiteCore EX10 - D10 & D20. The switching is just done differently. The NiteCores have been known to turn On through jarring or even all by themselves for no apparent reason also.

I hope were on the same page now. ;)

h2oflyer

Enlightened
I am aware that switch is electronic. It is still a mechanical "clicky". There are forward click switches/reverse click switches and momentary click switches.

The LF3XT differs from the Nitecore PD lights. THEY DO NOT use a mechanical switch.

The OP was about a switch problem , I don't know what page you're on.

Walter

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast