Headlamp recommendation for mountain sport and nightphotography

AdventureBoi

Newly Enlightened
Hello!
This is my first post in this forum. As I was searching for THE PERFECT headlamp in the internet i came across that forum multiple times so I thought I'll register.

Right now I have my trusty Petzel Actik core. A small headlamp that got me through my military times and several outdoor adventures. However, It's not very bright and it feels that whenever I reached the end of my hike, the battery kinda dies on me, so when I quickly want to set up my tent it's getting dark.

What I want in a headlamp:
*18650 cell or higher (changable)
*red light (best would be with quite a powerful output)
*1000 lumens or highter
*water recistance
*operational in -15°C
*even course of the lightbeam
*not OVERLY cool/bluish light

whats nice to have:
*switching between floodlight and beam
*auto regulation of light for reading a map or looking at climbing rope, carabiner or tent.
*option to charge battery
*detachable and clip-able to backpackstraps or tactical vest

I found some Lamps that are kinda in that range:
*ARMYTEK WIZARD C2 WR
*FENIX HM61R V2.0
*Olight Perun 2
*Nitecore HC68
*Fenix HM70R
*Fenix HP25R V2.0

I kinda like the first 3, because I can detach them. I fell in love with the armytek one bc it has a 250l red light output and has a tough military feeling to it. Sadly there is no option to change between beam and floodlight.

What headlight would you guys pick, given my criteria?
Did I forget any awesome lamps?

Greetings, Lukas

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast

Have you checked out Black Diamond 1500 Distance?
Headlamp meets your criteria, spot/flood, runs a battery pack, preferred over loose 18650 cells that can fumble and then "Heads!" Lamp also can be helmet mounted of course..
I would buy a spare batt pack if you're planning a bivouac

Welcome to CPF Vienna Boi :grin2:

AdventureBoi

Newly Enlightened
@knucklegary
Hello!
Thanks for that recommendation!
I checked that lamp out, it looks great. However I have to buy specific battery packs, I don't really like that fact. I love to have lamps with AAA, AA or 18650 batteries, as I can buy them where ever I am. Maybe I need to buy a replacement but there is no shop nearby. :(
Also a bit pricey, if i buy a spare one aswell (which I would do).

Right now I don't think I want to buy that but it's on my list of great headlamps!

@letschat7

Do you have a specific model that u would recommend?

letschat7

Flashlight Enthusiast
For Lucifer: HEADLAMP LUCIFER ULTRA 596.00€

For Silva: SILVA SPECTRA ADVENTURE HEADLAMP - 10,000 LUMEN 98 WH BATTERY

Get something with so much light that everything is illuminated.

These are 8000-1000 lumen headlamps. I use lights that are 5000-5400 lumens. These will be just amazing. I believe the lucifer is 18650 powered, some at least are, and he designs his so they can maintain the brightness and not step down.

AdventureBoi

Newly Enlightened
@letschat7 thanks for the specific types. But that's waaayyyy to much power for me. Right now i use something like 450l and I want to finally upgrade to something better. But I don't do search and rescue mission haha.

If I would buy one, then maybe the Lucifer M6, S2x or S2RED.

Nightstick

Newly Enlightened
I ride dirt bikes at night and discovered a Baja Designs headlamp that I like. It can be powered several ways, bike power, battery pack or direct to the bike battery. I love my baja designs/Motominded headlight, led has changed the world of night riding especially considering I am blind in one eye.🤠 It's called the Torch Race with 2320 lumens at 19 watts. They sell a double unit also.

AdventureBoi

Newly Enlightened
@letschat7
@Nightstick

Thanks for the recommendations. As I said, it's for night hiking, sometimes probably jogging. So I don't need THIS MUCH lumen. Right now I work with 450 lumen on max setting. So I want to upgrade a little bit, not 8000 lumen hahah

Do you know any headlights that are also usable as an angled flashlights where u can choose from narrow to wide beam?