*Heads Up* Maglites On Sale At OSH!

swampgator

Enlightened
Re: Lowe's M*glite sale headsup

frasera said:
i remember target or walmart having the minis for 6 bucks. then again thats all its worth with the leds out

Call me crazy, but I'm not ready to jump on the LED bandwagon just yet.

I still like my plain old incan minis!

frasera

Newly Enlightened
heh u crazy;) atleast get the cheapo nite ize led upgrade, for the much longer battery life. the plain incandescent is just too delicate and dim.

Vickers

Enlightened
Seriously Swampgator, try the Nite-Ize 3LED upgrade...you can get it at WalMart for under 5 bucks. It really changes the whole utility factor of the MiniMag (and, like a lot of others, it was the catalyst for my current LED fascination).

I upgraded all of my kids' MiniMags, and now I'm no longer recharging their batteries every few days, replacing bulbs, etc. etc. That alone is enough of a selling point to me!

swampgator

Enlightened
I've got to swing by Wallyworld tomorrow. Truth be told I've been thinking about the Nite-Ize. I bought the Mag 3D LED upgrade and wasn't impressed with the performance versus price.

frasera

Newly Enlightened
swampgator said:
I've got to swing by Wallyworld tomorrow. Truth be told I've been thinking about the Nite-Ize. I bought the Mag 3D LED upgrade and wasn't impressed with the performance versus price.

check out the review on flashlightreviews. it seems to be mostly about insane battery life than brightness. it seriously multiplies the battery life over incandescent several fold.. like 40+ hours from what i remember. as for niteize, i know the aa's are good for salvaging old mags, but they aren't very bright, they just extend battery life a lot. the c/d upgrade is probably too dim to be worth it.

Last edited:

swampgator

Enlightened
Went to Wallyworld to return somethings today. What a nightmare. But anyway they were out of the Nite Ize. I'll try some other locations soon, though.

Latest posts