Help me identify a battery.

avicenne13

Newly Enlightened
Hello.
I received a rechargable led flashlight as a gift.

But it did not come with a charger and I could not identify the battery for ordering a charger.

It has no polarisation signs, it is symmetric on both sides, there is no 'pointy' edge of the battery as well.

I have these numbers on the battery.

FLC1863U.083
3.7V 2200mAh

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards.

Can you also measure its dimensions? From the description it is a lithium ion battery, possibly of the 18650 size, but there are other sizes too. That kind of battery is commonly supplied with Pila brand flashlights and there is a charger, the Pila IBC that goes with them.

Here is a link, you can see if there is any similarity with what you have: http://www.pila-usa.com/Pila_BatterySys.htm

Last edited:
I should also mention, by the way, that those batteries must under no circumstances be put in a regular battery charger. They must be handled with care and must always be charged in the proper charger that they were designed for.

The dimensions are 71mm x 22mm (diameter).

The pictures are attached.

25112008027.jpg

25112008026.jpg

That is a weird battery. I have no clue what it is. Just looking at the number on it (before you posted the dimensions) I thought it was an 18650 without a protection circuit on it. Never seen or heard of a battery of that size.

Hmm So its a 22710... 22mm dia, 71mm long, and "0" for cylindrical in shape.

I dont see anything that fits that description on the battery size wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_battery_sizes

Its possible its an 18650 stuffed inside an adapter tube. 2200mah is in the 18650 ballpark IIRC. I would expect a 22710 lithium Ion rechargable cell to have higher capacity than 2200mah.

The 2500 mah Energizer "D" sized NiMH cells are just AA cells stuffed in a D-sized cell adapter (as a similar example).

*edit*
Stupid question that I should have already asked... can you post the name and pics of the flashlight it was removed from?

I wonder if its one of these 4/5 sub-C type packs...
http://www.streamlight-flashlights.com/51175.html

Last edited:
Also. it appears to have the positive and negative contacts at the same end, similar to Streamlight batteries.

This will be hard to find as a stock battery. Coming up with a charger Will be another issue. Unless this is a very special light, it might be easier to start with a new rechargeable light.

Mark

I wasn't very precise, the dimensions are 70mmx18mm.

BTW there is a power adaptor inlet at the tail of the flaslight.

But there are no technical parameters written, on what adaptor to use.

Looks like the cell that comes with Insight's Arcturus (H2X model). It's a Li-Ion in blue shrinkwrap with both terminals on the same end, via a ring/metal strip (the same way Streamlight constructs battery sticks for the Stinger, etc).

It's proprietary, you will have to get chargers and replacement cells from the original manufacture.

A question about where to get a cheaper replacement cell for one of these flashlights came up a few months ago. My answer was less than encouraging, but probably the best longer term solution, which is to replace the entire light with an 18650 compatible one. In the long term, this is more practical.

Eric

Constant current of ~0.5-1.5A to 4.20V, then constant voltage @ 4.20V until current drops to ~200mA. That would be ideal..

Hello Avicenne,

The voltage is nominal 3.7 volts and it charges up to 4.2 volts.

You will have to do a Google search to find a place that sells these various hobby chargers. Here is one source for the Schulze.

Tom