Help needed from candleforum guru's

joshivic

Newly Enlightened
CromagNet said:
Oh and here's a link to the CR123A charger and rechargable Lithium Ion batteries.
It's a link that we use to get a special CPF price Battery Station CPF page

or you can try AW's link HERE I think AW has newer advanced protected batteries and chargers.

Have a look :)

Hope it helps.

out of the aw's link which 123 battery is the best, I am confused reading the list. thank you

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the - Protected R123A ( 750 mAH ) ---- $ 6.00 each
which is called the 16340

I'm not sure that he has the adaptor for your truck so you might want to send him a PM or just get the charger from Kevin at Battery Station :)

joshivic

Newly Enlightened
K I guess that r123 batteries are the way to go, I guess I will settle for a charger and rechargable batteries, now to my next question.

Which is the best led flashlight that takes 2 or less r123 batteries is less then 100 dollars.

Thanks for your support guys.

joshivic

Newly Enlightened
joshivic said:
K I guess that r123 batteries are the way to go, I guess I will settle for a charger and rechargable batteries, now to my next question.

Which is the best led flashlight that takes 2 or less r123 batteries is less then 100 dollars.

forgot to mention it must also be able to run of the rechargable 123 batteries.

Thanks again.

Somy Nex

Enlightened
joshivic said:
out of the aw's link which 123 battery is the best, I am confused reading the list. thank you

Just got home from work :)

If you don't plan on getting any flashlights that uses any of the differently sized batteries, then the item for you would be:
- Protected R123 Charger Kitw/ 2 X 750mAH batteries Details $23.00 + $5.50 shipping/each

if you do plan on getting other lights and playing around, then you might want to order the batteries separately instead and get a DSD charger, since the DSD charger can charge the different sizes of batteries :):
x number of - Protected R123A ( 750 mAH ) ---- $ 6.00 each, and
the DSD charger, - Charger for the above batteries Details $13.50 shipped

both chargers have car adapter options for something like $1.00 extra. I believe both can charge single batteries at a time, so you can have one in the light and one charging at any given time. :)

I don't have the Streamlight Propoly Lux, but it seems like a good choice as well :shrug:

Somy Nex

Enlightened
joshivic said:

If you want something small and bright, and have a $100 upper limit, check out the Peak LED Solutions CPF Special, selling for $90 bucks if you order before the end of the year.

It's for a complete package, comes included with a charger, car adapter for hte charger, and 2 rechargeable batteries, and is insanely bright off rechargeables, yet can run off one CR123 as well (longer runtime but lower brightness).

The light is the same size as the fenix (slimmer than the Q3), can possibly even fit on your keychain, and you can always use the rechargeables in your Q3 also. it comes with a keychain lug, which you can detach the light from and stand it up in "candle mode."

excellent deal, i just received mine in the mail today :)

Edit: here's a link so you can check out how bright the CPF special is compared to the $50 Fenix, and $275 SF U2. i'll also post some beamshots of my own up when i get around to it (prob this weekend or so).

Last edited:

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
joshivic said:

Doh!
doh.gif
Asking which is the best R123 LED flashight is a question that will get a lot of input if you start a new thread. Personally, I don't like to use TWO LiON batteries in the same light. (That's just me) I dont trust it but I guess the batteries are protected now... but I stilll dont feel comfortable using multi LiON batteries at this time so I'll have to pass the torch to some fellow CPF'rs.
confused-dontknow4.gif

PS Check you Private Message folder. :)

CroMAGnet

Flashlight Enthusiast
That Peak Special CPF edition light is a great light. I have had a chance to play around with it. I don't think it is that much brighter than a modded Q3R so if you want to save the money, since you already have a Q3 you just need the batteries and charger to get pretty close to the Peak. The peak is a nice light though.

I think that most of the really good lights are very similar in brightness. They use similar reflectors and similar Tbin LEDs AND they use the same CR123A rechargable LiON battery so the difference is not that great when you start running Single LEDs with Single LiON batteries. It's the reflector that make the big difference then and that is more to shape the beam etc.

I like the Surefire L4 and the Aleph A19 (linked in my sigline) for a nice Big WALL of light. They can use a 5W LED and I think the L4 has 2 non rechargable CR123 batteries. I'm sure we can mod it here for you but it will start to really add up and will get well over the $100 mark :)

Just my 2c

Last edited:

Somy Nex

Enlightened
No NO!! the Peak CPF Special is the greatest!!! :rant:

:laughing: just kidding. i'm just psyched to get mine in the mail today :huh: new toys.. err "tools". tools they are! :D it compares pretty well to the U2 on level 1 on Dogliness's thread though... i'll take a couple prelim beamshots tonight with my U2, but I don't have a light meter, so I suppose i'll just have to wait for others like Doug & Craig to run their tests :popcorn:

joshivic

Newly Enlightened
CromagNet said:
That Peak Special CPF edition light is a great light. I have had a chance to play around with it. I don't think it is that much brighter than a modded Q3R so if you want to save the money, since you already have a Q3 you just need the batteries and charger to get pretty close to the Peak. The peak is a nice light though.

I think that most of the really good lights are very similar in brightness. They use similar reflectors and similar Tbin LEDs AND they use the same CR123A rechargable LiON battery so the difference is not that great when you start running Single LEDs with Single LiON batteries. It's the reflector that make the big difference then and that is more to shape the beam etc.

I like the Surefire L4 and the Aleph A19 (linked in my sigline) for a nice Big WALL of light. They can use a 5W LED and I think the L4 has 2 non rechargable CR123 batteries. I'm sure we can mod it here for you but it will start to really add up and will get well over the $100 mark :)

Just my 2c

check pm please

vic303

Enlightened
You can buy a Big QIII (TM-301-x3) runs on 2x123's, and comes with a 2stage tailswitch for low/high beam. Makes it run a lot longer.

For a 2AA light you might like the Elektrolumens XM-3. I think Wayne says it can run on any type of AA battery...?