Help with DIY flashlight

yehoodx

Newly Enlightened
Hello All

I need your help with DIY cree flashlight, I just purchased by mistake DIY flashlight and then purchased the cree LED
its look like that i`m still missing a part to compete the building of the flashlight
Here is the Flashlight and the cree

the Q is what I`m missing and how to assemble it

thx

X

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Help with DIY fleshlight

It looks like you are missing the circuit board (Driver) as quoted in the description.
"Simply throw in your favorite Cree emitter and driver (circuit board) to make your own Cree LED flashlight

Hello All

I need your help with DIY cree flashlight, I just purchased by mistake DIY flashlight and then purchased the cree LED
its look like that i`m still missing a part to compete the building of the flashlight
Here is the Flashlight and the cree

the Q is what I`m missing and how to assemble it

thx

X

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast

You are missing the driver board. You will need to get a driver that will work with the battery (or batteries) that you plan on using.

Something like this, or this would probably work well.

The brass ring is pressed into the aluminum pill to establish a ground path. The driver board is soldered to the brass ring, and the leads from the driver board are soldered to the LED. You will need to be sure that the contacts do not short against the reflector when you assemble everything. Be sure to use thermal paste under the emitter board.

You should end up with a decent light when you are finished. You are doing the assembly, so you will know how it was put together and have that increased confidence.

yehoodx

Newly Enlightened

thx for the reposed,
I will use 18650 battery.

Oznog

Enlightened

Might wanna check the spelling on your topic there.
Google "fleshlight" if you don't see the problem.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest using this. I haven't yet used one myself (though I do have five on their way to me), but the specs seem all right, and it doesn't have stupid SOS modes that get in the way.

Oh, by the way, make sure you use some thermal goop inbetween the LED and the flashlight body.

Edit: it also seems that the LED you got is on the wrong star; you need a round one for that light, of 16mm I think (from the pictures on DX it seems too large to accept a 18mm round base). If you don't want to order another LED, I guess you could grind the star you now have down to the right size...

Last edited: