Help with lego project delimma...battery not making contact

boofingdragon

Newly Enlightened
I have a leef 2 x 18650 body that is threaded for C tail and E head. I am using a c Cryos tail (w/ clicky swith) and a cryos cooling bezel with a TNC e to c adapter. The drop-in is a Malkoff M61. The issue is the drop in is not making contact with the battery terminal. Is there something I can put between the battery and the drop-in to facilitate energy transfer? Some pics below. Thanks. Sorry if this is not the right place to ask this.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l329/boofingdragon/cryos1_zpsgxqfyqmc.jpg

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l329/boofingdragon/cryos2_zpsdnne65d6.jpg

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
How big is the gap? Can you not just stretch the spring on the M61? Gne has recommended this in the past, and says it will do no damage.
P

Last edited:

DellSuperman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Solder a short spring on the M61 spring to extend the length, if stretching it doesn't help.
Or u may look for derlin spacers from OverReady

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd also get one of the delrin 15mm x 18mm spacers from Oveready. If you need less length you can cut in half with a hack saw. The 5mm ones may work as well but only available in 16mm width.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
It's probably the TNC C2E adapter. Easy enough to find out. Take the cryos head off with the C2E adapter and the M61 installed. Shake the whole thing. If it rattles the Malkoff isn't making reliable contact with the head or the TNC adapter. Take a P60 (pill) spring off one of your other lights (hopefully you have one?) and put it one the end of the M61 and put it back together again.

Of course before going to all that trouble I guess it begs the question did you try the paper clip tailcap bypass jut make sure which end is the problem?

boofingdragon

Newly Enlightened
I stretched the springs out on the M61 and it did fire up but occasionally it would flicker a bit. I took out the M61 and put in a Sportac triple I found while searching for some el cheapo drop-ins I have to rob a spring from, and with the Sportac she runs like a champ. The spring on the Sportac is a good .25 or more longer than the M61 and has a small brass disc on the end, so I guess it was the length of the spring that was the issue. Thank you so much for the feedback. I really appreciate it. I am going to add a little to the Malkoff spring and try it again as I do like that Malkoff drop-ins.

btw I did take the entire head off with the adaptor and there is zero rattle. Seems really solid. Thanks again.

Chris