Hi Folks! New & Scared..what's gonna happen to my wallet!!

cutlerylover

Banned
Welcome to the forum!!!!! As far as your questions goes I have not owned a pelican M6 but I did own a pelican M3 which is about the same thign only with 3 CR123's instead of 2, and I loved it, solid bright light! I also onwed the maxfire LX and I also loved that!!!!!!!!! I never owned or used the dorcy spyder but I love all of my other dorcy lights so I don't think you can go wrogn with any of those 3 lights!!!!!!!!

.............buty, if you must pick one of them I too would suggest the pelican...

CLHC

Flashaholic
Greetings and Welcome to CPF!

Like they said, "better hang on to your wallet" since these torchings is an addicting hobby. . .

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd pick the Pelican! Don't have that one but have had a couple and they are very quality lights. This "hobby" has cost me lots of $$$$ but it is lots of fun and plus a have some very nice custom lights!!

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
Rforce1: Just do yourself a favor, and open up your wallet, and wave buh bye to your money!! If you do that NOW, it will be less painful down the road!! Welcome to CPF!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once you get your TL-3, feel free to send me a PM about upgrading it to almost double the output, and guilt free lumens(rechargable) :rock:

Here is a beamshot of a Surefire A2 in my basement. About 70 lumens:
A22.jpg

That light was $195. Now, here is my TL-3 set-up with about $115 invested including charger for the cells and initial light cost:
TL-3.jpg

It's a real awesome set-up. It has become my "jacket EDC" at night when I go out. It is my ultimate "pocket-rocket"!

Last edited:

Rforce1

Newly Enlightened
Wow. Thanks for all the input. I kinda suspected the M6 might be the way to go out of those choices. That being said, I'll still probably still find an excuse to buy the other ones!! (Everyone needs a good flashlight in each vehicle....and also, what happens if the power goes out, and you don't happen to have a flashlight in that particular room of the house!!!) I guess it's too late for me....I'm already making excuses for MORE!

SRAUSS: I love the pic above. I will definitely PM you once I get the TL-3.

As for all you guys trying new things....I recently changed careers, but before that worked in the fluorescent lighting biz for the last 8 years. Somewhere in my basement in a box is an Osram DC lamp (bulb) that I got for "Prototyping" (They hadn't released the product yet, and the only samples were from Germany). I'll see if I can't find it and toss it someone's way (who's interested and has a few more flashlights than me for retrofitting). It had its own reflector coated on the back of the bulb, which was about 1/2" to 3/4" in diameter......name escapes me right now. Can't remember the flood angle either. Who knows what kind of output can be achieved by over-driving it!!?!

One other question.....My work provides us with Streamlight Stinger XT's (not to bring home unfortunately). Anybody think the modified Mag 2-C will take it on? I want something reasonably priced....(and that looks relatively harmless and unsuspecting), that I can "WOW" my co-workers with.

Again, thanks for all the great advice!

pactchncn

Newly Enlightened
Got a random suggestion for an awesome light, an Orb Raw XR-E 120 lumens in high mode for 20 minutes, 15 lumens in low mode for 10 hours. Rechargable battery and charger included. As an added bonus, it is tiny and very attractive. It would make an awesome friend "wow"er and a great EDC light. A word of caution, it is not waterproof, and it is raw aluminum. Not exactly an indistructable work light like a Surefire. Best of all it comes in at less than $100. The Cree XR-E version is not on the website yet but it is discribed here.

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
MacTech said:
(...) after i purchased my A2, i haven't purchased any more flashlights, i think the A2 cured my flashaholism, or at least put it into serious remission....

MacTech,

But for us to really appreciate the statement you make above, shouldn't you let us know how long ago you purchased the A2? I mean, if you bought it last week, well ...
grinser2.gif

Kees

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome New and Scared. Pelican M6 2390. As for your wallet:laughing: :poof: Have
fun!

MacTech

Enlightened
Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, Earth, USA, New England
Oh there have been pangs, believe me, but i've thus far been able to resist the urge to buy another flashlight, however, the Lighthound Cree drop in for SureFires sound tempting, as does the Fenix L2D CE....

No, no, must stay strong, must resist......

technically a lamp assembly isn't really a "flashlight" now, is it....

NO, stop that, YOU NEED NO MORE FLASHLIGHTS!!!
;)

DoubleDutch

Enlightened
The Netherlands - one foot below sea level
Well, it's been some time since I bought a light (an E0 two or three months ago), but there are still three lights from Elektrolumens that I'm expecting: two DeCrees and the Quodstar Phaser. These lights, plus two new chargers and batteries for both (C and 18650) have drained my resources for now. But the agony of the waiting is great!
crazy.gif

Kees