Hi guys, when did you become crazy for LED flashlights ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baltasar

Newly Enlightened
I believe I just did :laughing: - just got my TK-45 and went out for a walk with my friend in the darkness of Finnish country side. Just amazing light!

I really didn't know what led-lights have become because I haven't been following the scene. I've been using led headlamps for years though - maybe 5 years or so. Recently I've been using Petzl Tikka XP and thought "Boost" was great.

I got some hints from my friend about TK-45 (he didn't have one but also ordered it) and watched several TK-45 reviews here at cpf. I was pretty impressed so I decided to give it a go and ordered it the last week. I found one more review during the past week - with the most impressive reference to car headlights. I kind of believed that exposures might have played some tricks so I wasn't expecting that much. I turned it on in my kitchen with lights turned on and switched through the modes - hot-spot hitting the wall under two meters. It wasn't impressive there so we went out a little disappointed. But I was shocked how it performed outside. My walk out there in the dark with TK-45 was plain amazing. No words can describe how great light it is.

So I just falled in love with led-lights. My friend can confirm - I kissed my TK-45 after our walk :laughing:

Stumanbmx

Newly Enlightened
I would say just about a few months ago. Been lurking on the forums since and I'm hopefully going to pull the trigger on my first quality LED light soon!

TITANER

Newly Enlightened
I tried (by chance) the Dorcy Metalgear 1 watt anmd liked it, but really when I saw Jack Bauer fire up that LED in 24 Season 2!

Still have no idea what particular light he was using.
Interesting story,maybe you can search it in goole:).

TITANER

Newly Enlightened
some really great stories in this thread!lovecpf

about 10 years later that very light was stolen from the glove box of my car. along with some other worthless stuff.

another 10 years (last year). My maglite 3x AA LED dropped on the concrete floor and quit on me, when i needed it for work. (I work nightshift maintenance). how can i inspect, if i cant see??
Wow, bad luck , sorry to hear that:eek:.

TITANER

Newly Enlightened
I believe I just did :laughing: - just got my TK-45 and went out for a walk with my friend in the darkness of Finnish country side. Just amazing light!

I really didn't know what led-lights have become because I haven't been following the scene. I've been using led headlamps for years though - maybe 5 years or so. Recently I've been using Petzl Tikka XP and thought "Boost" was great.

I got some hints from my friend about TK-45 (he didn't have one but also ordered it) and watched several TK-45 reviews here at cpf. I was pretty impressed so I decided to give it a go and ordered it the last week. I found one more review during the past week - with the most impressive reference to car headlights. I kind of believed that exposures might have played some tricks so I wasn't expecting that much. I turned it on in my kitchen with lights turned on and switched through the modes - hot-spot hitting the wall under two meters. It wasn't impressive there so we went out a little disappointed. But I was shocked how it performed outside. My walk out there in the dark with TK-45 was plain amazing. No words can describe how great light it is.

So I just falled in love with led-lights. My friend can confirm - I kissed my TK-45 after our walk :laughing:
Hi guy,:welcome:.

TITANER

Newly Enlightened
I would say just about a few months ago. Been lurking on the forums since and I'm hopefully going to pull the trigger on my first quality LED light soon!
Hi guy,:welcome:.Yes,CPF is the great flashlight forum in the world,and you can find lots of helpful infomation at CPF:).

JCrowe

Newly Enlightened
I got my first 2 about 2 years ago. A stylus pro and a stinger. About 6 months ago I decided to get somthin new, Started lookin on the net and a few days later I was addicted. I have since bought several 4sevens, fenix, coleman, itp. Right now im tryin to decide between the Eagletac P20C2 xp-g R5 and the Olight T20 xp-g R5

TITANER

Newly Enlightened
I got my first 2 about 2 years ago. A stylus pro and a stinger. About 6 months ago I decided to get somthin new, Started lookin on the net and a few days later I was addicted. I have since bought several 4sevens, fenix, coleman, itp. Right now im tryin to decide between the Eagletac P20C2 xp-g R5 and the Olight T20 xp-g R5
Sorry i can't help you make the choice between the Eagletac P20C2 xp-g R5 and the Olight T20 xp-g R5 as i didn't use them .But ,you can post a thread to ask someguy for help .BTW ::welcome:.

Status
Not open for further replies.