High quality pocket friendly UV flashlight?

TacmedRN

Newly Enlightened
Hey all!

I need a UV flashlight for work. I need something that easily fits into a normal pants pocket. I also need it to be durable and run on primary cells, or if it's rechargeable, have a "dual fuel" option for primary cells in a pinch if the rechargeable battery is depleted.

This will be used for environmental inspections in a healthcare setting, so it will get knocked around, disinfected, and used often.

I also regularly use a normal flashlight, so a "dual spectrum" light would be great, but I'm fine carrying two different lights as long as the UV light is easy enough to carry.

I like the Streamlight Stylus Pro USB UV option, but it cannot run on primary cells, which is a must.

If Surefire made a light like their Aviator series, but with UV as the second option instead of a colored LED, that would be PERFECT.

Any options out there?

Thanks!

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Had good luck with this brand. Assuming it will work with throwaway batteries?

RWT1405

Flashlight Enthusiast
Streamlight use to have what you are looking for, but it seems they don't make it anymore.

I did find this, Inova X5 UV, perhaps it might work for you.

Good luck in your search.

desert.snake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Convoy T3 also, quite cheap, but it hasn't let me down yet, although it is often washed with water. You can select the appropriate combination from several groups of modes. And you can install a higher quality UV LED yourself

If you have money, you can order from McGizmo Haiku 1AA with UV LED. It works fine from 1AA or Eneloop or li-ion 14500

And Malkoff MDC 16650 365nm UV Flashlight, It eats all the batteries you can put in it - 1*16650, 2*cr123, 2*16340

The Inova X5 is also a great option

I also wanted to ask, what kind of UV eye protection do you use in medicine?

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Very pocket friendly.... Fenix LD05, or the single cell version LD02.
(Plus you get a normal flashlight feature tossed in for free.)

OddestMouse

Newly Enlightened
Hey all!

I need a UV flashlight for work. I need something that easily fits into a normal pants pocket. I also need it to be durable and run on primary cells, or if it's rechargeable, have a "dual fuel" option for primary cells in a pinch if the rechargeable battery is depleted.

This will be used for environmental inspections in a healthcare setting, so it will get knocked around, disinfected, and used often.

I also regularly use a normal flashlight, so a "dual spectrum" light would be great, but I'm fine carrying two different lights as long as the UV light is easy enough to carry.

I like the Streamlight Stylus Pro USB UV option, but it cannot run on primary cells, which is a must.

If Surefire made a light like their Aviator series, but with UV as the second option instead of a colored LED, that would be PERFECT.

Any options out there?

Thanks!
I bought a Sofirn SF16A, which comes with woods glass (vlpf) installed and you can buy the short tube for it, to go from 18650 to 18350, and reduce the size in the process. Three brightness levels, click to constant. Great light, better than the Convoy. I'm sure there are better and smaller, but for the price it's a great light!

If I recall correctly, Olight made a 1xAA light with a UV emitter, the i5UV EOS. About US$50. You can probably find one on eBay, or some other aftermarket site. (If you really, really want one of these and can't find it elsewhere I'll sell you mine...it's been sitting in a drawer, completely unused except for about ten minutes of playtime.)

Olight also makes a dual emitter (white & UV) - the Seeker 4 Mini. About US$80. No primary cell option; also, it uses a proprietary Olight battery. On the plus side, the battery is replaceable, so keeping a second or third cell handy for refueling isn't much of an issue.