Home Remedies, let's hear 'em..

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
To remove ear wax,dribble a few drops of warm but not hot olive oil in your ear as sold by pharmacists nothing better.

For the foodies,slice up a red onion and marinate over night in red wine vinegar with a half tea spoon of sugar,adds a new taste sensation.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
place banana skin on a band aid over normal warts for as long as you can handle it it makes them fall off (not 100% of the time but often works you may have to repeat a few times) - while your at it rub banana skin on leather it cleans, moisturizes, protects.

Should the outside of the banana skin face the wart or the inside?

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought some skeeter and bug bites itch lotion OTC Got it home and hmm that smells familiar it's ammonia!! I could have bought several 32oz bottles of ammonia for the $ of the itch lotion at the pharmacy

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
Should the outside of the banana skin face the wart or the inside?
Thought someone would ask sorry I should have said, inside fleshy side.

also another tip: wax in ear can be easily removed with 5 or 10 percent diluted (which is the one you get from the chemist anyway) peroxide, but make sure you warn it a little first as it's cold and can make your ear ache till it warms up, wait till it stops fizzing and foaming up in your ear after 5ish minutes and you'll be amazed what comes out a yucky build up of ear meat.
I'll leave this one up to you but it has worked in some cases for us, some studies have shown that the cold virus can be caught through the ear and treating it with peroxide (left for five min or when it stops bubbling) kills the virus if caught early enough, but as I said we have had some cures and some didn't.

BarryG

Enlightened
Rock and Rye is great for a nagging cough. Mix in a little brown sugar to help with bitter taste.

Barry

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Passed down from my grand ma's mom, we use Witch Hazel in our house for tons of ailments. Stuff is amazing. When visitors see it on the sink (in every bathroom) they all ask. "Is that stuff for real". LOL Can be found at your local drug store. Give it a go.

chops728

Flashlight Enthusiast
Distilled Aloe Vera water and DGL tablets foe Acid /Ulcer related stomach issues--4oz of aloe and chew 2 DGL tablets (taste horrible) 20minutes before at least 2 meals a day--This will heal your stomach -- I was on Nexium for over a year a friend recommended this cure--after about six weeks No more Nexium--that was 10 years ago --

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Passed down from my grand ma's mom, we use Witch Hazel in our house for tons of ailments. Stuff is amazing. When visitors see it on the sink (in every bathroom) they all ask. "Is that stuff for real". LOL Can be found at your local drug store. Give it a go.

Another vote for witch hazel. It's very soothing on irritated skin. I believe this is also the magic behind Tucks pads.

Laurencia Stark

Newly Enlightened
My favorite because we have kids at home

*** when a kids bumps his or her head, take the steak out and use it as a cold compress *** :ironic:

Then there is the common home remedy when you burn yourself when cooking .. TOOTHPASTE!

Burgess

Flashaholic
I am also a big fan of Witch Hazel !

:thumbsup:

Effective for so many things !

Bug Bites !
Have had NASTY spider bites on my face
:eek:
Witch Hazel quickly stopped the ITCHING and PAIN !
* Wonderful * !

However -- the SWELLING lasted a day or two . . . .

chillinn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grow mint. Chew mint leaf for relief from nausea. Oddly (because it is acidic, and acid stomach is a cause of nausea), a squirt of pure lemon juice can also relieve those symptoms. Also, those funny wristbands that pregnant women sometimes wear that puts a small pressure on the underside of the wrist can easily be constructed, and, it actually works to releave nausea (somehow).

Tap between at the back end of your jaw, just below your earlobe. There's a gland (lymph node) there, tapping it lightly releases endorphans, can calm you down if you're hyper (subtle, but works well once the technique is learned).

Last edited:

Lucciola

Enlightened
I treat acute flashaholic fever with two Surefirins (one after dinner, one before going to bed). Helps most of the time. :thumbsup:

Warning: Treated or untreated flashaholic fever can quickly become chronic. Surefirins are known to be addictive.

SardaoVoador

Newly Enlightened
An expresso​ with a few drops of lemon to cure a eadache.

A shot of moonshine with a teaspoon of honey to cure a common cold.

and

A shot of whatever you drank last night to cure a hangover :)

bladesmith3

Enlightened
I do not drink alcohol but I swear my doctor who tried everything to cure my cough that I had from a lung infection. no narcotic cough meds helped. so the doctor told me to sip an entire double shot glass of burbon with a little honey mixed in. I am here to tell you that my cough was almost completely stopped in just a few mins. unfortunately my stomach really didn't like burbon.