HotWire Modders supply reference

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Hey Folks, I'd like to start a listing of HotWire suppliers for budding and even experienced modders. If you post a location for parts, supplies, etc I will update the top of the thread with the info. I would like to limit the scope of this thread to parts and supplies. Maybe we can add a how to reference thread later, but I want to keep it to places to buy parts for now.

I would like to mention here in the beginning the fabulous Fivemega CPF and Fivemega CPFMP
offerings, but they are on a pop up and get sold out quickly basis so I can provide no link like the readily available items listed below. In his profile click on "Find all threads started by fivemega"
to find out what he currently has available.
FM reflectors

The Sandwich Shoppe This link is to Mod A Mag's offerings that the Sandwich Shoppe sells, ie reflectors and battery holders. They are currently out of stock as of 1/21/2008.

Flashlightlens.com has hi temperature glass.

CheapBatterypacks.com Loose cells and pack building.

Kiu Hi temp socket kits for C/D mag

LuxLuthor's battery pack sales thread

jimjones3630 battery sales thread
Many cpf members out of the conus contact me for batteries, bulbs, ntcs, windows, entry level chargers all of which I keep a modest inventory. Or I can order saving them international shipping charges.

Can keep the cost of a mod down by paying one international shipping charge. Flat rate to most of the planet is $11 envelope, $32 box.

Jesus Hernandez's mag body boring service.

Optics planetMag hosts at a decent price, free shipping. Thanks Squatch.

Bulb connection source of many hard to find medical/scientific bi-pin bulbs and MANY other oddball bulbs that have lots of potential with us modders.

Kaidomain.com – reflectors, bulbs, bi-pin adapters, and more

Cases4Less - Maglite parts

CPFer AW - Li-ion batteries (protected and unprotected) and Li-ion chargers

CPFer AW – Li-ion chargers

CPFer AW – Mag C Incan driver Switch

CPFer AW – Mag D Incan driver switch

Lighthound.com All sorts of flashlights, batteries and chargers (including nano chargers), plus parts and accessories. They are the primary source of LeefBodies for doing serious SureFire and 18mm Li-Ion lego systems.

Lightworld - Halogen JC 35W Clear GY6.35 6V

Topbulb - all sorts of bulbs, including many high outout

1000bulbs - Hallogen MR16 - MR11 - MR8 bulbs they carry a fairly decent selection of 6V, 12V, and 24V halogen and xenon bi-pin G4 and GY6.35 bulbs that could indeed be used in certain magmods....

BulbAmerica.com – Osram bulbs

CPFer litho123 - potted Welch Allyn and Carley bulbs

CPFer litho123 - bi-pin Welch Allyn and Carley bulbs

http://www.replacementlightbulbs.com Light bulbs and this link goes to a very good page full of useful information.

http://www.svetila.com bulbs from Slovenia!!!

Last edited:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast
Many cpf members out of the conus contact me for batteries, bulbs, ntcs, windows, entry level chargers all of which I keep a modest inventory. Or I can order saving them international shipping charges.

Can keep the cost of a mod down by paying one international shipping charge. Flat rate to most of the planet is $11 envelope, $32 box.

Ctechlite

Enlightened
Ok, lots of great info here! Thanks for showing up and participating. I've updated the first post with all of your info. If I have missed something please let me know.

One thing I was thinking about but never found was ceramic potting material. The stuff I've seen it used on is bulb sockets to bi-pin bulb adapter, but I'm sure there are other uses, like insulating bodies/heads for better heat absorption. Anyone got a source for this? I know some people us fibrefrax (sp?) [I know LuxLuthor mentioned it somewhere but cannot find it atm] but I think some ceramic potting would be good stuff to experiment with!

Keep the info coming!

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lux,

To make your list useful, you need to tell us what you would go to each of these sources for if you were putting together a hot wire mod.

I would hardly call Thomasnet a useful source for HotWire modder supplies - why not just list every hardware store and machine shop in the US

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Lux,

To make your list useful, you need to tell us what you would go to each of these sources for if you were putting together a hot wire mod.

I would hardly call Thomasnet a useful source for HotWire modder supplies - why not just list every hardware store and machine shop in the US

OK, well then just ignore my list, sorry my post so bothers you. :rolleyes:
Many of my links have too many items to list what all I use them for. Regarding ThomasNet, many people have no awareness that such a thing exists, and how very valuable it is when looking for hard to find parts.

Ctechlite

Enlightened
OK, well then just ignore my list, sorry my post so bothers you. :rolleyes:
Many of my links have too many items to list what all I use them for. Regarding ThomasNet, many people have no awareness that such a thing exists, and how very valuable it is when looking for hard to find parts.

Jim is right tho...maybe just a brief description of what you use them for...that's what this thread is about, making it easier to find parts for hotwire mods without having to sort thru a gazillion other threads...

jimjones3630

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would make it useful. If can get a "sticky" status then cut and paste relevant links into #1 post or close the thread.

Jim is right tho...maybe just a brief description of what you use them for...that's what this thread is about, making it easier to find parts for hotwire mods without having to sort thru a gazillion other threads...

mdocod

Flashaholic
under the listing for 1000bulbs you might also point out that they carry a fairly decent selection of 6V, 12V, and 24V halogen and xenon bi-pin G4 and GY6.35 bulbs that could indeed be used in certain magmods....