How do You EDC Your ARC-LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darell

Flashaholic
Sheesh! Can't keep up with everybody today. My life keeps getting in the way, so here I am after midnight catching up!

Yes, that ruler is in inches, yes the quick link will fit through the hole in every Arc I own (but not the new tailswitch model). I have never had the quick link unscrew, but I've never caried one in my pocket. They dangle off of packs and belt loops, etc. You can crank them down hard enough to cut your own longer threads - you can make them stay put pretty well. A drop of my favorite small screw Threadlock will do the trick as well.

Uh, what else... I've been vindicated on my split ring pliers I guess
smile.gif

Tex - I'll be in Houston next May... maybe I'll look you up and see if I can't relieve you of one pair of them fancy pliers.

Light-Headed

Enlightened
T0561-0050.jpg

Titanium Gate Snap
Model: T0561-0050
2" Gate Snap from Berkeleypoint.

mmmmmmmmmm.....titanium.........$16.74......DOH!

D

**DONOTDELETE**

The keychain will fit through the LS packs lanyard hole although the links will snag on it when you move the light on the chain.
I used the quick link with the 123 pack to attach to my keychain's mini clip for a while but then changed my combo when I decided to carry the Ladybug knife. There are many variations and personal preferences...
I still like the quick link but would not personally use it without thread lock or a tiny wrench, which does not make it quick anymore and would have made it unsuitable for my intended purpose.
The quick link (secured) on the 123 pack on the key chain mini clip was a very cool combo imho.
Something I learned here on the forum is the fact that the key chain's length allows you to turn your LS or AAA around and point it at your keys, a very helpful capability when searching for the right one in the dark. I do recall the 123 LS banging into the car door when opened if you weren't holding on to it. Your reaction will depend on your make, model, and number of payments outstanding. Well enough minutia from me tonight. Have fun deciding!

Jim

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Galavanter and others,

I'm glad you like the chain, I think. There is a strong posability that I assembled all of those key chains for berkeleypoint. :) This may be why I am so familiar with the split ring pliers. Then again, maybe not........

I have been using the stainless sash chain for about 30 years for my key chains. I have yet to have one break and I think one of my chains is probably over 10 years old. I used to have to hunt down the chain from locksmith shops but it seems that more and more, the locksmith shops don't handle the chain. I also found that some of the split rings were plated steel and would rust on me in the marine environment.

The split rings used on the berkeleypoint key chain are 18-8 stainless; that's the good news. The bad news is that stainless split rings don't have the elasticity and springyness of plated spring steel split rings. If the rings are opened too much, they will not close completely. For this reason, there is a small splitring on the end of the sash chain that would most likely be inclined to work its way off of the big splitring. As with any gear, occasional inspection is a very good idea.

The 2.5 and 3 mm quick links are a high quality part imported from Japan. This is why they are so pricey. All things are relative, if the price bothers you, compare it to the $13 for a titanium 3 mm quick link and then the $4.00 doesn't seem so bad.

There is a nice large pear shape quick link that will be added to the bp site soon. It is stainless with a brass barrel. It's 3 mm so it will not fit the LS battery holders but works well with keys, the Arc AAA and all other kind of goodies. It is also from Japan.

Ramble mode [OFF]

- Don

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Nice to know I've another "made by McGizmo" product. Glad to hear you never had one break as well. I was kinda wondering since the links are small, but they do look tough. Not to mention the chain is also just plain fun to play with.
After rereading my comments about the quicklink I do not think I was totally fair. After all, I was just finger tightening the quicklink, and I should have stated so explicitly. Today I used small pliers to add a few more turns to one. Like any other nut and bolt, this makes all the difference.

Jim

Okie

Newly Enlightened
I hate to get back on topic...I really like the discussion on the accessories. I carry my LS-123 in my front right pocket. It and my Palm Pilot have exclusive right to that coveted location.
smile.gif
This is my only carry light that is bare of an attachment. For me it's brightness and small, inconspicuous size are the reasons it is my EDC.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Originally posted by Tech a Billy:
I picked up a $2 ballistic nylon sheath made for a zippo lighter at eKnifeworks.com and the LS fits in there nicely. I've had it attached to the belt of my fanny pack and it works really well that way. Also plan to wear it on a dress belt under a suit jacket.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I just got 3-of these. Very nice cases for the price. The LS with the 1-123 configuration fits nicely in there. I'll try wearing it tomorrow.

Light-Headed

Enlightened
Yeah....I thought I'd order one of those $2 nylon zippo sheaths for my Arc LS 123 as well. Went to the eKnifeworks.com website to check it out. Standard 5 to 7 day shipping is $6. OUCH! All I need is one and don't want to have to order a bunch of other crap to make it worth my while.

I thought.....gee.....I wonder what would happen if you needed it in 1 to 2 days with their express shipping (for an upcomming trip or something). $28 freaking dollar shipping charge for that. Daaammmn Geena.....I mean.....how much overhead can there be associated with shipping????

Spudman

Enlightened
Nascar,
The zippo case won't close on the LS with the tailswitch, but it is a nice cheap option for the plain 123.
G.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Light-Headed, Yea I had the same reaction. That's way I purchased 3-of them, instead of the just the one that I needed.

Spudman, Thanks. I haven't tried it with the tailswitch, but just looking at it I didn't think it would properly fit. To be honest, the tailswitch is ok, but I really like the flatness of the OEM cap to be used in a candle-mode fashion.

rodmeister

Enlightened
I attached a Maglite Solitaire wrist lanyard to my ARC LS. When I attach it to my belt, the LS hangs suspended in my front pants pocket, but the lanyard is too short to reach the bottom of the pocket. Thus my LS avoids banging into my coins and keys.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Wait---the BP Keychain comes with Miniclip? Package deal? I thought it was chain only--buy your own SS Clip

confused.gif

anyway I replied earlier but I never answered the question! In "formal" situations--or situations where I don't have pocket space, I do a 123 config with a cheap wanna-be Berkeleypoint SS Clip hanging from belt loop opposite Arc AAA--this will be replaced with a Berkeleypoint clip as soon as I quit having unexpected expenses popping up.

The other 95% of the time I stick it in my right pocket in 2AA config. I only put other things that play nice in the pocket with it--IE chapstick or maybe a pencil, things the LS can beat up and eat for lunch
wink.gif

McGizmo

Flashaholic
I'm telling you guys, in slacks, shorts, Dockers or any pants that don't have tight pockets (Levis), sew a short loop up in the top of the pocket and hang a ring from the loop. Your keys and or small flashlight clips to the ring and hangs in your pocket without "bottoming" out. No more holes in your pockets from keys and the coins don't scratch the lens of your flashlight. I have rings sewn in each side of all of my pockets. You can carry a bunch of goodies and you don't end up with a big bump of "stuff" sticking out at the bottom of your pocket.

If I could get this one message out to the masses, my life would not have been in vain. :)

Yes, little donny pocket clip passed this way........... :)

Saaby

Flashaholic
I don't know how many times you've tellin us (Hmmm...made sense in my head, strike that, told us) but I'll have to try it!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Hmmm...don't know what you're talking about Darell--my Cargo pants and I have no problems attracting babes.

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Originally posted by darell:

The sacrifices I make to be a babe magnet are endless.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Babe magnet? As in rare earth or just dirt? Babe magnet................ I'm going to save these comments for Kyra when she gets older. Babe magnet...... Don't use that term in Berkeley!
grin.gif
tongue.gif

Luminocity

Newly Enlightened
I carry my SLS in 123 configuration in my front left pocket. The SLS has a green new style Glowring attached to make it easier to find in the dark.

SockMan

Newly Enlightened
I carry my LS in my left pocket with my wallet. I use my right pocket for my keys and USB flash drive.

I used the lanyard that came with my Infinity Ultra to attach my LS to the belt loop on my pants. After all, I wouldn't want to lose it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts