How do you EDC?

shao.fu.tzer

Flashlight Enthusiast
It depends on what day it is... I always have one in my 5th pocket (if I have one) and I always have one on my keychain... I try to carry larger light with a clip in a front pocket if possible...

roadkill1109

Flashlight Enthusiast
For me, i EDC several lights, the biggest being the TK35, smallest the iTP A3 with a li-ion cell. Never know when an emergency will strike at least i can be assured i wont be in the dark!

m_luttermann

Newly Enlightened
Itp a1 ss with rcr123, in the little pocket u have over the normalt right pocket in jeans.

great small reliable light.

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire L1 loose in front left pocket. Streamlight Nano on keys in right pocket. Usually a 2-cell Surefire L2/C2/A2 in my EDC bag. In winter, when I wear a coat to work everyday, the C2 goes in the front left outer pocket of whatever coat I'm wearing.

Jay611j

Enlightened
Click on thumbnails to see full size picture.

1. HDS T200 clipped bezel down in right front pocket.

2. Fenix LOD CE Q4 loose in right front pocket

3. HDS Rotary loose in right cargo pocket.

4. Milky E1B Transformer clipped bezel down in left front pocket.

5. ARC AAA loose in left front pocket.

6. JETBeam RRT-21 in shoulder pack.

7. ZL SC600 in shoulder pack.

8. Photon Freedom on keychain.
9. PICO light on keychain.
Now thats what I call a true flashaholic!:eek:

My current EDC is the Xeno E03 NW on a 14500 in the left front pocket with a Fenix LD20 pocket clip. I hate the runtime though!:sigh: Anybody EDC the ZL SC600 using the clip??

Last edited:

mrlysle

Enlightened
I carry a Fenix LD01 in stainless on a one of Quarks lanyards around my neck always, and a Quark Mini AA Ti loose in my right front pocket. I have a ZL SC60w clipped in my right frony pocket, so it rides higher and doesn't collide/scratch against the Quark down deep in the pocket. There's two small pockets in the sheath for my Leatherman Charge Ti where I have tucked a Titanium Innovations CA1 Ti AAA. And then on my belt, beside my leatherman, I carry either my SC600, or HDS rotary in custom belt sheaths made for me by Dan Thorpe, aka Hogo here on the forums. Here's a shot of the SC600 and HDS in their sheaths. I like to alternate some, and carry one for a week, and then I'll carry the other. I also have several other lights/spare cells in a Maxpedition backback that goes with me everywhere, including a ZL F51fw, ZL SC51, Sunwayman V10r Ti, and my HDS 170 clicky is always in a pocket of my flightsuit! Yea, I don't ever want to be without some good lights!!! :devil:

DSCN7412.JPG

Mkduffer

Newly Enlightened
I know it's been over 4 years, but thought I'd put in my $.02.

edc.jpg

So starting from the bottom left, I have a Hugsby XP-1 (probably a knock-off) with the pocket clip reversed. My normal work attire is a collared polo shirt and cargo pants. When I'm wearing collared shirts, I have it clipped to the placket of my shirt. If no collar, it's just clipped to the neck of my tee-shirt. Sometimes, I use a Tank007 E09 instead. Both use NiMH AAA. This is pretty much always on my person. It's purpose in life is to help me find it's big brothers and avoid legos in the dark. BTW, I find that if I have it clipped to my shirt, aimed below my chin, the reflection from my neck provides decent light for walking in the dark and my chin blocks the light from directly hitting my eyes.

Next to that is my Leatherman pouch which also holds my Inova XS (also AAA). On my right hip, strung through my belt. If I'm not wearing a belt (rarely), then it goes in the fanny pack.

I alternate between the Convoy BD-03 and ThruNite TN20 for my left carry. It's either clipped to the belt on my left hip or in my left pocket, clipped. At the end of my lanyard, I add a quick disconnect and usually a split ring. The split ring is attached to a carabiner or snap link on my belt. Used to attach it to my belt loop, but those started getting beat up so I added the snap link onto the belt. I use the lanyard as a safety leash for my light and use the quick release for, well quick release. This way, I'm less likely to lose the light if it happens to come out of my pocket, but I can still quickly deploy the light.

I keep the 501b in my right cargo pants pocket. It's kind of a give-away in case someone else needs to borrow a light but I also carry it because it throws a lot better than the tubes on my left.

In the upper right corner are examples of the quick releases. I got them on eBay, 50 for around $6. I also use them for leashes for my phone and EDC knives. Keeps things from hitting the pavement.

On top is an Inova X1. I loop the lanyard onto the right side of my belt (pins my leatherman into place) and the light is clipped in the right pocket. I keep it around because it's AA powered so easy to find power sources for it and foolproof UI. The lanyard is from an old USB flashdrive and has a quick release and can also go around my neck. Also, I found a clip from my old AA Minimag which fits pretty nicely on the X1. I like having it reversed.

Below it, I have a Klarus AR10, which I leave in my fanny pack. Basically it's a ThruNite TN20 with a USB charge port. Also, I have an SK68 with a UV emitter that also is at home in my pack. Pack also has anywhere from 4-8 spare charged 18650's in a poly-carb o-ring sealed water-tight box, lined with foam to prevent banging around. When the Olight's come in, I'll have a few 16340's added to the box. I don't typically carry spare AA or AAA's because I can generally always find one if needed, and I always have charged NiMH in pretty close proximity.

I have a few Olight S1's and S10R II's on order. Based on the reviews I've seen, it looks like the S10R has a tighter beam. If it throws adequately, it might replace the 501b in the right cargo pocket.

I'm looking at ordering a utility vest to possibly migrate a lot of these items into, also possibly to replace the fanny pack, too.

I like single cell lights because that way I'm not SOL if I only have 1 cell. Most of my stuff is general duty as I have never had the NEED to light up something more than 150 yards away. Where I live, there are very few street lights and it is pretty dark at night.

Mahalo

Last edited:

OUTDOOR

Newly Enlightened
Pocket clip - Convoy S2+ but upgrading emitter to Nichia 219c or a new light soon
Keychain - nothing yet, considering a SS light soon
I don't carry any bags or suitcases otherwise.

Car edc: Solarforce L2T, Convoy C8 (modded)

Easyrider

Newly Enlightened
I clip my Streamlite Microstream or my Led Lenses F1 to my left front pocket. I will not purchase a pocket flashlight without the ability to put a clip on it.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always have 1 small light clipped to my front right pocket, UC35 in my left rear and should I need serious flood or throw I proudly belt carry the likes of an SR52 or M3XS-UT. Right rear pocket is reserved for one of my many knives.

ncgrass

Enlightened
Nice necro!

I have an srt3 clipped to the inside of my weak side pocket. I always have my elzetta bravo in my bag with two spare batteries as well. If I know in going outside for a long period of time I usually take my armytek predator too just in case I need the extra power.

Heavy

Newly Enlightened
Preon P1 clipped to suspenders.

My knife switches a lot. Today is is a Darrel Ralph Gun Hammer. Last week was a Strider PT. Always in my front right pocket.

img host

Short_Circuit

Newly Enlightened
When I first joined cpf one of the first things I had to do was look up what EDC meant. I have flashlights of various sizes and shapes and intensities all over my house and at least five in my pickup truck but it never occurred to me I need to carry one with me at all times "every day". I just can't see it unless your work involves situations where you are in dark basements or you are in search and rescue type operations. Almost every smart phone these days has a flash light function that will suffice in most unexpected situations that may come about. So I guess that would be my "EDC" since I always have one with me. I just have too much other stuff in my pockets to carry a light around just to have one but that's just me.

tops2

Enlightened
First I carried the Fenix E12 in the front pocket with the keys. It was replaced with the Zebralight SC5w clipped to the top of the front pocket (but it still feels a bit bulky). A few days ago I clipped it to the outer edge of the back pocket and so far I like it. It feels a lot more out of the way. But if I go to the gym, I leave the SC5w in the car and just have my car keychain with the Rayus C10.

Heavy

Newly Enlightened
When I first joined cpf one of the first things I had to do was look up what EDC meant. I have flashlights of various sizes and shapes and intensities all over my house and at least five in my pickup truck but it never occurred to me I need to carry one with me at all times "every day". I just can't see it unless your work involves situations where you are in dark basements or you are in search and rescue type operations. Almost every smart phone these days has a flash light function that will suffice in most unexpected situations that may come about. So I guess that would be my "EDC" since I always have one with me. I just have too much other stuff in my pockets to carry a light around just to have one but that's just me.

I hear ya.

But I kind of subscribe to the thought "If you don't have your gear with you. Then you don't have your gear."

I don't want to feel my way to my light during a blackout.

Plus they are so light and so bright. No reason not to...

Just my 2 cents...

flashtastic

Newly Enlightened
Olight S1 inside a nylon holster on right side of belt.

Believe it or not the Tank 007 E09 clipped inside front right pocket because I like the size and feel of that light. It holds sentimental value as well.

Keychain light is a Nitcore Tube for use when needed with keys.

Believe it or not I actually use each of these lights multiple times daily in their own place depending on need. I don't consider my 3 lights to be redundant any more than a carpenter considers a drill gun, and two different screw drivers to be redundant on his tool belt.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Either a Fenix LD12 or an Olight S2 clipped to my right front pocket... And a Fenix E05 (2013 edition) attached to my keys (soon to be replaced by an Olight i3E EOS)...