How do you EDC?

I carry in the watch/change pocket of my jeans or shorts. Always have carried this way. If I'm wearing jeans with a watch pocket too small for a real light I carry the light in my right pants pocket with the clip secured to the outside of the pocket (and a Microstream in the change pocket). Of course, I'll sometimes have another stashed in my pocket, too.

CL97405

Newly Enlightened
Back pocket with pocket clip when I'm wearing jeans or shorts. AAA in front pocket for casual dress. Clipped inside my jacket pocket if I'm wearing a suit or sportcoat.

Short_Circuit

Newly Enlightened
I hear ya.

But I kind of subscribe to the thought "If you don't have your gear with you. Then you don't have your gear."

I don't want to feel my way to my light during a blackout.

Plus they are so light and so bright. No reason not to...

Just my 2 cents...

All that's true but if I'm not at home I'm never far from my vehicle with multiple lights inside and if I'm somewhere out shopping or running errands etc and the lights go out my cell phone torch will get me to my "stash" of lights in my truck.

Now there was a time when I wished I had a light with me, but this was back when cell phones didn't have cameras all the time and even when they did most didn't have LED flash. Anyway, back then in the "dark ages" I was shall we say indisposed in the mens room one night while out shopping with my wife and while in the stall the one other patron left the room and turned the lights out on his way out the door. Pretty sure he did it on purpose as a prank but it really ticked me off. Anyway I had to finish my business in complete darkness.

After that I started carrying a little 2xAAA Lumilight pen light with Krypton bulb just about every where I went. Once the cell phone with led came along though I've stopped carrying a light other than that one.

Heavy

Newly Enlightened
All that's true but if I'm not at home I'm never far from my vehicle with multiple lights inside and if I'm somewhere out shopping or running errands etc and the lights go out my cell phone torch will get me to my "stash" of lights in my truck.

Now there was a time when I wished I had a light with me, but this was back when cell phones didn't have cameras all the time and even when they did most didn't have LED flash. Anyway, back then in the "dark ages" I was shall we say indisposed in the mens room one night while out shopping with my wife and while in the stall the one other patron left the room and turned the lights out on his way out the door. Pretty sure he did it on purpose as a prank but it really ticked me off. Anyway I had to finish my business in complete darkness.

After that I started carrying a little 2xAAA Lumilight pen light with Krypton bulb just about every where I went. Once the cell phone with led came along though I've stopped carrying a light other than that one.

Something like that happened to my son. He was sitting in a stall in a bathroom at the church. The lights were controlled by a motion sensor that would start a timer when someone walked in. Well he was having stomach issues so he stayed in there too long and the lights turned off. Thinking quick he opened the stall door and threw one of his shoes out which activated the sensor.

I am not a huge fan of phones in general and will leave it behind when I can. Walking around the house or even at the shop I am likely to leave it on a charger.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow...I just don't comprehend some of these responses, I guess I don't have the bug that bad...I mean how many lights do you really need on you at once to have light when you need it for everyday use?

I like to keep things simple:

ThruNite TiS - neck light or front pant pocket. :cool:

flashtastic

Newly Enlightened
" Wow...I just don't comprehend some of these responses" ha ha, you do know this is Candle Power Forums right? Maybe you could start a Flashlights Anonymous therapy group to help with the obvious addiction many of us have. . . . On second thought there are just so very many ways that might backfire [emoji28]

GallatinArms

Newly Enlightened
I EDC my Malkoff MDC clipped in my left pocket. It's the perfect size light and doesn't take up too much room so I can still fit my iPhone6 without problems and a lighter. Right coin pocket carries an extra CR123 and ear plugs.

davyro

Enlightened
I only ever carry one light on me & that's loose in my pocket,i have another 2 lights in my work van along with spare batteries.I have my lights on a rotor so it varies which light i have
with me at any given time.Currently I'm EDCing an Manker U11 & before this was my Surefire eb1 backup,i'm really impressed with the Manker i've got to add & it's very convenient
being able to recharge it with the phone charger in my van.

KBobAries

Enlightened
At work I carry a Ra clicky in a leather belt holster. At other times whichever light I'm carrying is usually banging around in my pocket with keys and change.

Dan

carlinpole

Newly Enlightened
Edc Keychain led lenser p2
a875687c9e27390e6a0574e5fee61c53.jpg

Motorcycle Keychain fenix e12
b997705e4f9064dfa030ac206eda15a7.jpg

Backpack fénix uc35 usb rechargeable
c20aa0114ac7b0e4107bee27a8a3345a.jpg

blanex1

Newly Enlightened
most of my collection is of the P60 size AKA surefire P6 solarforce ect! to large to EDC,and only at night walks,but i,m looking at a lumintop tool in brass to take as a EDC poket pal, at this vary moment..:whistle:

Lateck

Newly Enlightened
I have one clipped in my pocket and another smaller one on my keychain on my belt.
Currently a Olight S30R and S10R.
Also a Maglite plus a small back up in my truck...... Daily

Lateck,

Snipe315

Newly Enlightened
Well I've EDC'd a knife along with a flashlight for a couple of decades now.

I always have my keys when I'm not at home & there is a Photon II on them. I also have a Eagletac D25a Clicky clipped to my front left pocket whenever I'm wearing pants (which is everyday I go outside).

My cellphone has a flashlight function but I almost never use it. I find the Photon II is far superior and easier to use. And having a flashlight in a vehicle is great (I have one there as well). But my vehicle is parked outside & I'm inside. The distance between me and it can be hundreds of feet if I'm shopping and out eating. So having a light there doesn't help me when I'm not inside or next to it.

MostMenAreRuthless

Newly Enlightened
Generally, I will have the small Sebenza 21 Insingo clipped in my RF pocket, the S10 (or Quark Smart, or Peak Eiger, or Quark 123, or Olight T10, etc) will be tucked neatly into the coin pocket, and the Quantum D2 hanging from my neck.

leg0man

Newly Enlightened
Outside of work, I have a ThruNite Ti3 which is generally clipped in my coin pocket, and a Victorinox Classic Signature Lite on my keychain.
I carry a different set of keys at work, which did have a Streamlight Nano on them until recently, when the head unscrewed and I lost it along with the batteries so I'm now considering replacements.

I also keep a Streamlight Stylus in one car, a Chinese $5 special in the other car, and a ThruNite TN12 (2016) at home, which may become 'work gear' soon. (Or I'll just buy something new for work, haha)