How do you hide your lights from your wives????

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife would never have understood having so many flashlights, so it's lucky we're now divorced. My girlfriend, however, just finds it mildly amusing. I was showing her the Skyline 1 I'd ordered on Sunday, and she saw the Skyline 2 which she thought looked nicer... so she's ordered me a Skyline 2 to go with it. :twothumbs

Incidentalist

Enlightened
I don't hide my lights, my wife either knows or should know where all of my lights are. My problem is keeping them out of reach of my little ones (1 and 3.5 years), or at least keeping the nice ones out of reach. They really love playing with them and it has become a bedtime ritual to play with some GITD fobs and flashlights. :)

Now, the cost of some of my lights is another story. :sssh: :whistle: :devil:

mclight

Newly Enlightened
light? what light and give the deer in headlights look, then she walks away in disgust. Then I play with my lights :)

Darvis

Enlightened
I have a walk-in closet in my (rather small) condo that I converted into a "man cave." The key to hiding the lights comes down to keeping La Cueva as messy and junk laden as possible so that all new objects (lights, knives, etc.) just look like all the other stuff in the pile. That, and the fact that we have a concierge service that receives all packages in the lobby for us, ensures that I'm able to commit my crimes-of-hobby relatively unabated.

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
The power was out here last night. As some members will know, I have a... modest collection of lights and lanterns which are positioned here and there around the house in strategic places. But what does Mrs. DM51 do? She lights up a whole load of candles and runs around putting them in every room. Worse than that, these candles are the kind that have some kind of cheap perfume mixed into the wax, so they stink up the house. :green: Sometimes I almost despair...
I know the feeling ... Does your Wife have a different smellie candle in each room or worse still different smellies in the same room ... Logically all the candles should smell the same to give a continuity of nasal delight to titilate and excite the males sense of smell.

My Wife uses a perfume called "Not Tonight" ... It can last for several days.

When they are all differenf smellie candles , the house ends up smelling like an Afghan Brothel but worse ... I apologise to any Afghans reading this , but apparently the French ones smell better ... So , I'm told !

I really don't know what this has to do with hiding torches from the Wife though.

Illumigirl

Newly Enlightened
You guys are funny. Just start her with the little lights. Every gal needs a purse light... :)

After my first keychain light, I gradually started collecting, and now I have a little collection of the more cooler lights- including the JetBeam M1X. It's always nice to have that in the car, for self defense of course. Or when you need to find something in the garage!

Good luck buddy.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
When my wife saw my new SF T1A Titan, she said, 'Thanks'. I said, 'yeah right'. She's always grabbing my lights to check out this or that, and appreciates the good stuff. She has the last Malkoff here, I'm getting into the Moddoo triples. :devil:

ninemm

Flashlight Enthusiast
When my wife saw my new SF T1A Titan, she said, 'Thanks'. I said, 'yeah right'.

My wife did the same thing last night when she got a hold of my T1A.

Her:"Wow, this is so cute! Can I have it?"
Me:"Sorry honey, I really like this light."
Her: "You'll get tired of it right?"
Me: "Nope"

Now she's got me putting a WTB up for her. She's even willing to trade one of her two lights to get it. I'll turn her into a proper flashaholic yet. :devil: :laughing:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
Now she's got me putting a WTB up for her. She's even willing to trade one of her two lights to get it. I'll turn her into a proper flashaholic yet. :devil: :laughing:
Good job, I tried to 'borrow back' her SL Stylus Pro 2xAAA after I lost mine recently (pretty much the only item of value that I've lost in the last ~10 years - an extremely rare event) - no luck. ;)

Last edited:

Billy Ram

Enlightened
I don't try to hide anything from my wife. All my lights are in places handy to grab when needed. But my wife put one of my Surefires in her car and one of my Olights in her duffle bag.
Billy

Nokoff

Enlightened
I have mine sitting all over the house, it looks like less that way :rolleyes:

I'll experiment and line them all up flashaholic-style tonight and see if she says anything

stallion2

Enlightened
I have mine sitting all over the house, it looks like less that way :rolleyes:

I'll experiment and line them all up flashaholic-style tonight and see if she says anything

ha! like spreading food across your plate, nice.

no hiding necessary but will shine her if she starts getting agitated. god bless Olight and the SR-90:thumbsup:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I don't.
Actually, my wife gives me an advise whenever I buy Titanium lights.
She tells me which design is nicer, and so forth.
She is not interested in specs, but she's very keen to the tints.
And I ensure her telling that it's a good investment. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

march.brown

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think that I will need to hide my torches ever again.

Today , my Wife was putting on some nail-varnish when she got a spot of it on the front of her favourite skirt ... She tried to clean it off , but the skirt was ruined (apparently) ... There was a sale on in Swansea so we had to go to get a replacement ... She does the frock-shops and I do the sweet-shops plus the camera shops , watch shops , pen shops , martial art shops and a few other interesting places ... This lasts about three hours.

I get a big packet of chocolate brazils to provide nourishment whilst I shop and we meet up three hours later for a meal ... Well there was a sale on in a posh frock-shop and she got a skirt and a dress plus oddments.

When we get home , I look on Google for "how to remove nail-varnish from clothing" and tell her the correct way to do it ... Even though the polish has dried , it works and the favourite skirt is now restored to original condition.

I tell her that she may as well keep the new items since they are very nice ... She agrees.

I then casually (even nonchalantly) say , "you can't tell me off about buying torches now , can you ? ... I don't spend anywhere near this on torches." ... Perhaps that is just a teeny little white lie ... More of a minnie-fib , I suppose ... She smiles and nods in agreement ... So , I am now able to purchase whatever I want (as long as she doesn't find out) ... It doesn't do to let them know everything , does it ?

She is happy with the new (unnecessary) clothes and I am happy with the prospect of getting some more (absolutely necessary) flashlights ... Everybody wins , particularly the retailers.

timbo114

Enlightened
How do you hide your lights from your wives????

I don't.

(I have 1 wallet - she has many many handbags) get it?:devil:

She has learned to appreciate the fact that she can grab a trustworthy light in any room of our home.
... I gave her a few pkgs (AA torches) to open and said "Here. These are yours, enjoy"

She uses them almost every evening, for one thing or another.
She keeps one in the kitchen, 1 on her nightstand and 1 by the front door.

Last edited:

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
You guys are funny. Just start her with the little lights. Every gal needs a purse light... :)

I tried this and bought her a red Preon II to go in her purse. She promptly lost it.

Someone scored when they found it. Im still a touch irritated about a $50 light gone in two weeks.:shakehead

parker2520

Newly Enlightened
" Man Up" I'm from NYC(New York City, the Big Apple). Men are men here. We DO NOT hide our lights from our women. OOPS, gotta go... Coming dear....
icon9.gif

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't really hide the number of light's from my wife. I'm far too messy a person, and if something I'm doing is kept tidy, she'd get suspicious!

Most of my light's are kept in a hardcase, the spotlights are in the shed, and the EDC's wherever they happen to land :)

The only thing I tend to do is fudge the real cost of the lights. I tell her 50% of the real cost, and she's less upset then. The money I spend is from overtime work, and isn't part of our budget, so I'm not eating into family dollars. I just need to take it easy for the next few months and refund my savings account which has taken a real beating this last few weeks!

Latest posts