How do you secure your EDC?

D-Dog

Enlightened
I tend to use the clip which came with my NEX, however, it is worth noting I bent the clip just a little so that it has a firmer hold on my jeans, dress pants, etc. I also like the clip because it works as an extremely efficient anti-roll device. I have never used a lanyard with any of my lights although with the Jil Intelli, I used a small spring-loaded hook clip

Tiff

Newly Enlightened
Yup, I have seen those in stores like Staples or Office Depot for ID tag holders. Never thought to use 'em for a flashlight though. Now you have given me ideas... :naughty:

Btw, off topic but when were you in the Philippines? I am originally from there and yes you are right I have seen those lanyards for sale in the malls at the kiosks where they sell cell phone accessories. :) I have never seen them at the kiosks here in the US, though. Then again, I have never seen people carrying a cell phone on a neck lanyard here in the US, whereas I found it to be pretty commonplace back home in the Philippines. :shrug:

Happy to help, I get lots of ideas from this forum! :twothumbs
Musta! I went to the Philippines in 2003 and came back for 2 months and moved there early 2004. I came back Jan of 2008.
My wife is from there, I met her there. She is Visayan from Cebu.
Lots of good deals to be had in the Philippines, too bad I didn't bring back more stuff. I sold everything as I was already maxed out with luggage.
What part of the Philippines are you from?
Oh and as far as the cords many people attach them to their belt loops and their cell phones. A Filipino waiter gave me the idea as it was what he did to not leave his cell phone behind. I've used that setup ever since but not around my neck.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Happy to help, I get lots of ideas from this forum! :twothumbs
Musta! I went to the Philippines in 2003 and came back for 2 months and moved there early 2004. I came back Jan of 2008.
My wife is from there, I met her there. She is Visayan from Cebu.
Lots of good deals to be had in the Philippines, too bad I didn't bring back more stuff. I sold everything as I was already maxed out with luggage.
What part of the Philippines are you from?
Oh and as far as the cords many people attach them to their belt loops and their cell phones. A Filipino waiter gave me the idea as it was what he did to not leave his cell phone behind. I've used that setup ever since but not around my neck.

Small world. My mother is originally from Cebu and I spent 8 years of my life in Cebu City. :grin2:

I recall seeing a lot of teeny bopper types wearing their cell phones around their necks while roaming the malls when I was last back home.

I also used to EDC my lights loose in my pocket with a lanyard attached to my belt loop but recently I have been preferring to clip a light to my pants pocket. Your photo makes me want to experiment with lanyard carry again, though... :naughty:

Best regards to you and your Cebuana wife. Tell her, "maayo ang imong gi-pili na bana; dili gyud ka mabilin sa dulum!" (Visayan for, "you chose a good husband; you'll never be left in the dark!") :thumbsup:

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
I use a quick release key fob like this for my Fenix L0D CE Q4:

keyfobdq3.jpg

Jake.t

Newly Enlightened
I keep my learherman wave on my belt on my right side and usually my minimag 2AA in my front pocket

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Cobbled together using a lobster claw clip, some split rings, some cord locks and cord:
P1040547.jpg

Instead of attaching it directly to my belt or belt loop, I use a Maxpedition Keyper (had it for years, as can be inferred from the amount of visible wear on it) so the lanyard can be easily detached for use as a wrist lanyard:
P1040548.jpg

Tiff

Newly Enlightened
Small world. My mother is originally from Cebu and I spent 8 years of my life in Cebu City. :grin2:

I recall seeing a lot of teeny bopper types wearing their cell phones around their necks while roaming the malls when I was last back home.

I also used to EDC my lights loose in my pocket with a lanyard attached to my belt loop but recently I have been preferring to clip a light to my pants pocket. Your photo makes me want to experiment with lanyard carry again, though... :naughty:

Best regards to you and your Cebuana wife. Tell her, "maayo ang imong gi-pili na bana; dili gyud ka mabilin sa dulum!" (Visayan for, "you chose a good husband; you'll never be left in the dark!") :thumbsup:

Yes, it is a small world! Salamat, I'll tell her. She is a very good wife. I couldn't ask for better! :twothumbs She loves to EDC her Fenix L1DQ5. She carries it loose in her pocketbook tho. Maybe some ideas on here will help her find a new way to carry it.
I've already gotten a few new ideas from this thread, myself. Plus all the pics really help to see what the setup is.
Tiff

Tiff

Newly Enlightened
Cobbled together using a lobster claw clip, some split rings, some cord locks and cord:

Instead of attaching it directly to my belt or belt loop, I use a Maxpedition Keyper (had it for years, as can be inferred from the amount of visible wear on it) so the lanyard can be easily detached for use as a wrist lanyard:
P1040548.jpg

What is a Maxpedition Keyper?
A wrist strap? I haven't seen anything like that before. Where did you get it?

deranged_coder

Enlightened
What is a Maxpedition Keyper?
A wrist strap? I haven't seen anything like that before. Where did you get it?

The Keyper is basically a heavy duty loop of velcro attached to a heavy duty hook. The loop of velcro goes around your belt (or pack) and you can hook keys or other items (in this case, the flashlight lanyard) onto it. Maxpedition is the manufacturer's name. For more info, here is a link to the Maxpedition Keyper on the manufacturer's website: KEYPER

I bought my Keyper at TADGear up in San Francisco but I am sure you can find it online at lots of stores.

Tiff

Newly Enlightened
The Keyper is basically a heavy duty loop of velcro attached to a heavy duty hook. The loop of velcro goes around your belt (or pack) and you can hook keys or other items (in this case, the flashlight lanyard) onto it. Maxpedition is the manufacturer's name. For more info, here is a link to the Maxpedition Keyper on the manufacturer's website: KEYPER

I bought my Keyper at TADGear up in San Francisco but I am sure you can find it online at lots of stores.

Thanks, my wife will want to kill you now. ;)
I think I will buy one of those, I think I can modify it for some other nefarious purpose, like a longer 2xAA light. :whistle:
My lanyard works awesome for a 1xAA light but for a 2xAA I'd need something else. This just might do it.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Thanks, my wife will want to kill you now. ;)
I think I will buy one of those, I think I can modify it for some other nefarious purpose, like a longer 2xAA light. :whistle:
My lanyard works awesome for a 1xAA light but for a 2xAA I'd need something else. This just might do it.

She would kill her fellow Cebuano? ;)

Whatever nefarious purpose you have in mind for the Keyper and a 2xAA light, make sure to post pics when you are done. :grin2:

Similar setup to the LiteFlux LF3 XT pics I posted earlier, only this time with a Fenix L1D-CE:
P1040549.jpg

Last edited:

Tiff

Newly Enlightened
She would kill her fellow Cebuano? ;)

Whatever nefarious purpose you have in mind for the Keyper and a 2xAA light, make sure to post pics when you are done. :grin2:

Similar setup to the LiteFlux LF3 XT pics I posted earlier, only this time with a Fenix L1D-CE:
P1040549.jpg

Oh I'm not from Cebu I'm from the US. I lived in Cebu for a couple of years before moving to Luzon. My wife is very conservative with money. Too easy to spend and too difficult to earn. :poof:
I like your setup with the L1D, Sweet! I haven't seen the olive ones before, my wifes' L1DQ5 is black.
I'm figuring to use the Keyper with some sort of outside the pants setup for a longer 2xAA light, like an LD20 or maybe an EagleTac. I just love the Eneloop AA rechargeables! :twothumbs They last a very long time for AA's!
Plus it makes it easy to not run out of batterioes. Enegizer AA alkalines were on sale at home depot for $13 for 36 of them! My eneloops are much better, but for backups, you can't go wrong.