How Many Lights Have You Bought For February 2010 so far?

WDR65

Enlightened
Browning Phantom 70 headlamp.

Surefire Saint Minimus.
Surefire G3D
Surefire LX2

Not too many. Just too many expensive ones. lol

robb01

Newly Enlightened
Already up to 2, bought 2 fenix's, one for my wife and the other for my ar15

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two so far - a Ra Clicky custom 140 Cn, and just ordered an OD green custom ceramic/bored 6P from ElectronGuru in the custom section. Should have it by the weekend.

the_guy_with_no_name

Flashlight Enthusiast
In January, I told myself I'm over flashlights!
Then came February,
help.gif

As far as I can remember, so far....

Lumapower DMini VX Ultra
Solarforce L2
ITP A1 EOS Black
ITP A1 EOS Silver
Inova Keychain light (green led)

Some DX Lights mainly for modding:
1x 3W LED Flashlight with Clip (1*AAA)
2x 5W AA LED Keychain Flashlight
1x LED Flashlight with Butane Lighter
1x Aluminium 4-LED Flashlight + Emergency Charger with Cell Phone Adapters

Some Extra Parts
Cree XP-G R5 5-Mode 320-Lumen LED Drop-in
Cree XPE WC-Q5 LED Emitter on 12.8mm Base

and a few other keychain lights

tgwnn

Max Brightness

Enlightened
Well I didn't really follow the Quarks nor did I really have any compelling reason to buy Quarks but I got to handle a few at the last Toronto meetup a few weeks ago.
  • they look nice
  • they handle nicely
  • they are well built
  • the interface works well
So after that, I decided to try a couple and Eric at 4sevens.ca helped me out.
  1. Quark CR123 Mini neutral white for my keychain
  2. Quark Turbo AA2
The neutral white is actually quite warm, close to my 5A tints. I like it.

pwatcher

Enlightened
I'm up to 45 for February, but gave one of them away and sold 2, so net net I guess that counts for 42?

Starting to have multiples of SF A2's and C2's especially!

:whistle::broke:lovecpf

McAllan

Enlightened
TK40 :hitit:

For 2010 I've so far only bought a Fenix TK40 - of course before I knew about the very soon to be TK45. But hey I'm not so sure the TK45 will beat TK40 in all respects. The few vids I've seen it compared to other lights - and the TK40 too - it looks the same cool white as say their LD20. The TK40 while probably still categorized as a cool emitter it's without doubt much warmer than most cool lights. I really like it's tint and it's a welcome addition to all those way to common "blue white" lights. And I really don't care about the positions of the switch.

The only complaints I have about the TK40 is that I'd wish it would have more throw. And because it's sealed (and compared to other reviewers it's by design - not a faulty alignment) I can't do anything about it. But hey it's indeed still a very nice light and I bet there's a lot of people who'll love the compromise between spot size and throw (every alignment is a compromise). Like all those cheapo DX LED lights I have. Many do not have very good throw from factory. Fortunately mostly they've adjusted the LED to be too deep into the reflector so disassembling those lights and putting in some homemade spacers will do wonders for throw.

And a word about the 15 min max run time they mention in the user manual for the TK40. The funny thing is they don't mention it in the TK30 manual (from what I can see) but they're virtually identical in head design. While running on (LSD) NiMH it doesn't seem to get anything near too hot running in room temp. But I can imagine that the bigger internal resistance in alkaline will cause the alkalines to heat to too then the combined heat is too much (good NiMH's shouldn't heat anything but barely noticeable at the currents that the TK40 is drawing). And because many users are novices it's better just to write as they do instead of listing all the various cases and expect the average user to understand. The TK30 in contrast uses batteries which have less internal resistance than alkaline in any case the user might put it to so no restriction there.

For future plans I doesn't have many. But I do plan to order a TK20 very soon before they're out of stock everywhere. As said I really love emitters warmer than those too common "blue whites". Perhaps also a TK12R2 or TA21 who knows. Essentially they're not very different from all those other lights I have :whistle:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Two. A NovaTac EDC 85-T and a Surefire E1L. And, yes, my credit card is smoking.

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Earlier in the month I bought some older but new in packaging Mags; A 2C and a 2D.

Received an XP-G P60 drop-in last week.

Today I received a new mid-60s (flashlight museum indicates around 1965) Rayovac Sportsman 2C light.
This is a great little light...it's only 1/8" longer than a 2xAA Minimag, but takes C cells.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm up to 45 for February, but gave one of them away and sold 2, so net net I guess that counts for 42?

Starting to have multiples of SF A2's and C2's especially!

:whistle::broke:lovecpf

Dang :eek: Easy there big fella. By May there'll be nothing left to get.

Geoff

LupinIII

Enlightened
Only 1 so far, a Fenix E20. But if my registering for this site, and the amount of time I spend reading about flashlights is any indication, I'm confident that March will see quite a few new lights.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Told myself after i got my Surefire A2 Aviator (incand/white LEDs) that i would stop for a bit, then found my self purchasing an Akoray off DX (for a non flashaholic friend).

After that, decided to start accesorising instead of getting more lights, so got some keep2go tubes, better lanyards (the quark ones are great!!), packs for the mtb, 2fish lockblocks etc.

Then my darn younger brother asks me to recommend him a light for geocaching and i surfed over to shiningbeam where i couldnt resist and got myself THIS. 600 (advertised) lumens, warmwhite, 3 modes with memory, 53mm reflector, i love it!!

So, the answer is: Two

1xAkoray K106 (doesnt matter if it is 3 mode programmable or 6 mode)
1xMG RX-1 MC-E warm white

Last edited: