How to blacken a stainless steel bezel

Croquette

Enlightened
Hi Peter, if you mant powder coating, there is somebody who used to mod flashlights and who is also an excellent powder coater and he lives in uk.

Can give you some info per PM as I don't know if it can be done here.

Cheers.

Q.

peter yetman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you, i hadn't considered that as I was thinking of an anodised type finish.
I'd like the link though. Is it James that used to be 3Tronics?
P

klackey

Enlightened
Update to post #13. I went back to the
local cerakote shop and talked to the owner. It was a pleasent chat no blame or complaintes from me. I was inquiring into having him sand blast all the cerakote off so that they would be usable agin. He had an idea and I left them with him. Several weeks later I got a call to come by and pick them up. End result is that he was able to sandblast just the inner threads removing the cerakote. Now I have two custom black bezels with trit slots. After much internal debate I installed orange trits and installed on my new 225 Hc.

It was a bit of a journy but worth the effort.

If anyone is intrested in having their bezels cerakoted I can pass along the contact info (not sure about the rules here) and he said he would be happy to do more now that he knows to tape off the threads. The quality of the cerakote and customer service are outstanding. His priceing is VERY reasonable.