• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

How To Install a Clip Under the Bezel of Your HDS Rotary

turbodog

Flashaholic
Also, unless the design of the light has changed, it's still possible to drill 2 holes and mount a clip like the lights years ago had.

needed
padded vise
caliper or 1/100" ruler
drill bit
4-40 tap
10-15 mins time

Completely waterproof... holes do not go through aluminum. Also allows for forward, reverse, or forward/reverse clips.

Dave D

Flashlight Enthusiast
A photo of my HDS EDC Tactical 325 with a modified Oveready TiALN Spring Stainless Steel clip installed.

50321778818_fac19b91b7_c.jpg

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mr. LED

Enlightened
The Universal is different. You would want one of the 3 clips at the top of the page:
I mean it's the universal, made by Oveready, that's the one this whole thread is about.

paramountz

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to do this MOD as well. The minimum purchase for the o rings is $5.00. Can anyone recommend other common size rings to have on hand so I don't have to buy like 40 o rings? Thanks

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Buy extras for the HDS, it's 20.5x1.5mm for the body, and 19x1mm for the lens.

Reagan

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the clip, and am excited to do this. I just want to make sure I understand the o-ring portion. Maybe it will make more sense when I take the light apart, but from the instructions, it sounds like i'll be dealing with 3 o-rings? The stock O-ring just above the clip, then the o-ring you replace between reflector and crystal with the 2x18.5mm. But then the instructions say "then just stack on your crystal and screw on the bezel, making sure the original stock o-ring is still in place above the glass" The italicized portion sounds like what I would have replaced with the 2x18.5. Are there 3 o-rings to keep track of?

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Yes, 3 of them. There is one more in the reflector that goes inside the body, but you don't have to mess with this one, just keep it lubed with some Nyogel. Actually, lube all of them slightly.

So there's this one, than the clip, right above it the stock o-ring, on top of the reflector there's the new 2x18.5 (or 19mm), and between the lens and bezel, another stock o-ring 1x19mm.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
Depends on where you're clipping it, but the glass is very recessed under the bezel, so I think it's fine.