Huangfu - Master Hunter Copy ?

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

???? Copy / clone / re badged factory 2nd ? ( Who knows ? )
Once a factory starts making something , who controls what's printed on them ? ( Yeah the factory ) .
This is a flashlight forum , so we should all know about re branding the same product . ( If that's the case here ) ?????

Anyways , a HUANGfu ! $42 bananas to my door ! ( Oz bananas ) Cos our economy is like that of a banana republic ! ( So is our Gov = my opinion )
Mystery Steel ( Obviously ) .. Convex edge ( I really don't care for those ) and 60/55HRC ( 60HRC file bites / 55HRC file skates ) . The 60HRC file just bit , so the steel is more toward 60HRC than not ! Slicing rope I got some 100 slices and the edge was starting to give issue slicing printer paper .. @ 150 slices I got a very nice definitive Fail ! ( Yeah )

I reground the knife on my wet stone grinder and the factory edge was ........... Fully FUBAR !
That was a very poorly made knife edge . So there will have to be a part two , with a reground / corrected edge that has had the convex fully destroyed and replaced with a conventional edge .
It's hot . humid , N nasty out there .. Maybe tomorrow part two !

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast

80 grit Wet Stone Grinder RE grind !
Edge retention has gone from 100/150 to 400 ...
A $42 Banana knife returning 400 slices is close enough to that 10c a slice mark for decent value .
Well , I'm sure there are people happy to pay $1 per slice . And if a knife could deliver 1000 slices ................ NA ! Nope ! ( Not me ) .
Though plenty of high ticket knives sell . ( Cough Rockstead ) To but cough once !
So , another knife bites the rope !

Last edited:

old4570

Flashlight Enthusiast
IGP2283.jpg

Sorry , 15 Mora's ...