Huntlight FT-01 flickering???

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone's Huntlight FT-01 flickering? I didn't use to have this problem, but the last few months, it's started to flicker. I cleaned the contacts and threads with alcohol, but that doesn't seem to have helped. I've read of some things that the threads may oxidize because they're bare aluminum, but I don't see any oxidation on the threads. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have one that requires tightening of the lens lockring (inside the bezel) occasionally, otherwise it will cut out.

Also, if you're using 18650, flickering is typical. To fix this, apply a mound of solder to the rivet that is the + connection. This will improve contact with the flat, + end of the 18650.

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem with my Ultrafire C2. Used the solder blob method and it stopped the flickering.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a magnet at the positive end of the battery and it didn't fix the flickering. I would think the magnet would do what the solder blob would do.

Has anyone had problems with oxidation of the aluminum? I don't see oxidation, but I've read of insulative films that can form on bare aluminum.

daveman

Enlightened
If you suspect oxidation as the root of the flickering, get some deoxit and progold on your FT-01. You can treat all your lights!

shooter08

Newly Enlightened
I had the same problem and it was the lock ring in the tailcap. It was turned in
so far that the reverse clicky wasn't completely coming on. I backed the ring
off a 1/4 to 1/2 of a turn and the flickering and failing to light went away.
This particular problem is only one of the reasons I dislike reverse clicky's so
much.

Dave

You could also take a couple hundredths off the top of the shaft of the clicky.

Last edited:

Latest posts