SUREFIRE FURY DFT LIGHT FLICKERING

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SUREFIRE DFT has a problem with the light flickering occasionally. It isn't the battery, I've had it with more than one battery. Is it in the head, or the switch? Will it settle down and stop, or do I need to call SF about it?

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
My SUREFIRE DFT has a problem with the light flickering occasionally. It isn't the battery, I've had it with more than one battery. Is it in the head, or the switch? Will it settle down and stop, or do I need to call SF about it?
Is the light in question a Fury model that has the 'Intellibeam' feature?

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
What generation Fury? The brand new one I have ran quite a bit and its been solid. I guess I would wonder if you notified Surefire, they would be able to fix it.

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
What generation Fury? The brand new one I have ran quite a bit and its been solid. I guess I would wonder if you notified Surefire, they would be able to fix it.
Dunno the gen. It's one they sent me for a burned LED one I sent back to them. Don't know if it was new, or my old one repaired, or someone else's sent in for repair. But the flickering has stopped.

rwolfenstein

Enlightened
Dunno the gen. It's one they sent me for a burned LED one I sent back to them. Don't know if it was new, or my old one repaired, or someone else's sent in for repair. But the flickering has stopped.
I hope mine doesnt burn out. Its quite the bright and useful light. Just doesnt fit in any belt holster for some odd reason.

kerneldrop

Flashlight Enthusiast
really hard to pinpoint.
Most likely a grounding issue somewhere..or current is being interrupted somewhere somehow.

ilikeguns40

Flashlight Enthusiast
make sure batteries are free of grease or lube. Sometimes I have connection issues when my threads are heavily greased and eventually gets on the battery or inside the tube