I hate wall worts

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
PhotonWrangler said:
Just think of them as a distributed heating system. ;)

He He, I don't call my Laptop's power supply (not a wall wart but still close) a foot warmer when my room is cold. :laughing:

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I hate wall warts that are just big enough that you can't use the outlet next to it. A simple (and easy) way to regain some of that power strip space is to use a "multi tap" or a "grounding adapter" to raise the plug above the level of the the surrounding plugs/warts.

I little careful planning and you can use every plug in the strip.

Daniel

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. I didn't realize they pulled juice even when not in use.

I think wall warts have a distant galactic fuzzy cousin known as the Tribble.

gadget_lover -

Good one.

db -

I bought a good power strip for my battery chargers. Has four outlets close together and then two more spaced out with "adapter" labled near them. But I can only plug in three Speedy Box warts and an Orb Raw charger. Looks like I could use those LIBERATORS. 5 for $15.00 and they have different kinds too. Thanks.

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another place where you need those liberators is for outdoor receptacles with hinged covers. You can't plug a wart or a timer into those without one.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
As has been already suggested: label them all. For many years I just put a strip of white electrical tape on and use a sharpie. It's durable and removeable.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
jayflash said:
As has been already suggested: label them all. For many years I just put a strip of white electrical tape on and use a sharpie. It's durable and removeable.

I tried that. We have a drain bamaged cat that thinks lables are toys. He can snag a dymo lable faster than I can make new ones. He chews tape like chewing gum, so cable tags are out too. I have to use the sharpies.

I find I can use the silver sharpie to make a background and the black sharpie to make the lettering.

The silver sharpie is also good for lableing the plug end of the cable.

Daniel

Topper

Flashaholic*
Marking is a good idea, too bad I did not think of that years ago. I will rember to mark any new ones. Thanks to you Craig, I was able to charge the THOR by matching one up with your post. Quite a few are old; faded to where I cannot read them.
Topper

Latest posts