I have a screwy driving principal.....

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never been a fan of loud horns, but somethig I've always loved doing when someone cuts me off or tailgates is to lock my brakes up and slide for a bit. The horrendous sound of screeching tires tends to wake people up in a hurry. Unfortunately both of our cars now have ABS (I generally hate ABS) and I can't do that anymore. Maybe I'll have to look into a louder horn :)

Last edited:

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isaac,
interesting links, thanks.

another thought; a cheap source of compressed air already in some cars: the spare tire! (it's behind the back seat in my car)
maybe a horn out there works with lower pressure..?

bfg9000

Flashlight Enthusiast
NeonLights said:
I've never been a fan of loud horns, but somethig I've always loved doing when someone cuts me off or tailgates is to lock my brakes up and slide for a bit. The horrendous sound of screeching tires tends to wake people up in a hurry.
You could always record the sound of screeching tires into a Record-a-horn PA system. Should be a bit safer than locking your brakes when there's a tailgater behind you.

I've always wondered about car alarm sirens too, since everybody just ignores them. If you really wanted to attract attention, probably nothing could beat a recording of a woman screaming (from a slasher movie) as an alarm.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
NeonLights said:
I've never been a fan of loud horns, but somethig I've always loved doing when someone cuts me off or tailgates is to lock my brakes up and slide for a bit. The horrendous sound of screeching tires tends to wake people up in a hurry. Unfortunately both of our cars now have ABS (I generally hate ABS) and I can't do that anymore. Maybe I'll have to look into a louder horn :)

in California you'll get shot if you happen to screech in front of some gangbanger.

Latest posts