I just received the Surefire E2DLU-T (1,000 lumen Defender). Runtime Q:

Mckinngkb

Newly Enlightened
I've had the older e2d (200 lumens) for years now and loved it. Still do. When I saw it was now offered in 1,000 lumens, I had to buy another. I ordered it yesterday and received it today from Surefire. It's beautiful.

Now for the Q: the website lists it as having 2.75 hours runtime on high. However, the packaging says 1.25 hours.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Nimitz68

Enlightened
Now for the Q: the website lists it as having 2.75 hours. However, the packaging says 1.25 hours.

Any thoughts?
I would tend to trust the packaging more than the website. 2.75 hours seems very high for two CR123 batteries. Have you checked to see if it accepts a rechargeable 16650 cell? I use those in my 600 lumen E2D LED Defender Ultra with good results. Welcome to CPF.

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, when in doubt go with the packaging. Sometimes they will make adjustments after, though, and update the specs on the website. In the case of the latest iteration, 2.75 hours seems quite optimistic so I'm inclined to say 1.25 hours is about right.

I tried a 16650 cell in my 600 lumen model, but was a bit surprised by how much it lowers the output relative to my 500 lumen SF Fury. I'll just keep it on primaries for now, especially because I don't use mine all too often.

Mckinngkb

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies. I plan to stick to the regular 123's because I just don't go through them that fast.

I emailed Surefire, so I'll post their reply when I get it. It isn't a deal breaker for me at all. I was just concerned I received old stock. But after looking through the forum, the 1,000 lumen e2d is brand new (like, I may have received one of the first), so that can't be possible.

Last edited:

coffeeandlifting

Newly Enlightened
1.25 sounds more likely with 2xcr123 at 1000 lumens (unless there is a giant stepdown). I'm actually really eager to see a runtime graph of this model. Anyone capable of generating one?

Latest posts