Identifying Night Vision Monocular?? Please Help/pic heavy

rocknrope

Newly Enlightened
I've tried to find info on this monocular from just about everywhere so this site may be my last hope, lol..
This was possibly used in the Gulf but that's all I've got besides photos and sight info. f/2 3.5 objective - P4 Reticle..?

nvd1_zps926169ee.jpg

nvd5_zpsabad205b.jpg

nvd2_zps0a666103.jpg

nvd4_zps325150f5.jpg

nvd3_zps6dd877b6.jpg

Walterk

Enlightened
The best place to post are www.nightvisionforums.com, nightvision section at ar15.com and nightvisionforum.eu.

I suppose the lens is f 2.0 and magnification 3.5x?
What is the diameter of the front lens?
Looks like a nice build. Small ocular though, a pointer to older tubes or cheaper Russian tubes.
Do you happen to have measured up or know what tube is in it?

Vinniec5

Enlightened
I'm going to say possible a Pakistan or Iran copy of a Russian design. control labels are in English plus the old school paint job

American gear is always labeled and even when its sterilized you can tell US equipment by sight

rocknrope

Newly Enlightened
The best place to post are www.nightvisionforums.com, nightvision section at ar15.com and nightvisionforum.eu.

I suppose the lens is f 2.0 and magnification 3.5x?
What is the diameter of the front lens?
Looks like a nice build. Small ocular though, a pointer to older tubes or cheaper Russian tubes.
Do you happen to have measured up or know what tube is in it?
Front lens is OD is 4", ID 3 3/8" - Rear OD 2" ID 1 7/8", it's 11 3/8 long. Not sure how to check the tube..
It may well be an older model, it is a beast. I truly feel for the folks that had carry something like this in the field + their own gear..

Last edited:

rocknrope

Newly Enlightened
I'm going to say possible a Pakistan or Iran copy of a Russian design. control labels are in English plus the old school paint job

American gear is always labeled and even when its sterilized you can tell US equipment by sight
All American surplus has to have any markings stripped off or covered before sale. The case also had the metal tag ripped off and the manual that usually came under the liner was removed but it is definitely a US issue night scope case. I have a couple more. This was purchased at a military auction yrs. ago. I know it's not a knock off, I'm just trying to figure out which company actually manufactured it.

Latest posts