I'm Looking for a driver...??

Jamesdh266

Newly Enlightened
Im looking for a driver to power a single SSC P4 at 1000mA from a 7.4V Li-Ion. It would be nice to be able to have 2 power settings to supply say 500mA and 1000mA but i definalty dont want any more that 3.

The only one I can find is on DX http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.7425 but it is in 2 levels which makes it a bit too fragile for what I need it ( a head torch for MTB)

Does anyone know of any other ones?

SafetyBob

Enlightened
Used the one recommended with Seoul P4. The potentiometer makes it very unique, however, power is power.

Trying to make the dimmer switch look good and all that gets involved with lots of fitting trial and error. Used original switch for on/off.

If you can live with just bright, don't worry about dimmer. If you want kinda cool, something NOBODY will have, then get the dimmer. Lotsa work, but cool when done. Did mine with camo M@g.

Bob E.

Jamesdh266

Newly Enlightened
I had a look at that one before but its a bit oo big really. I was looking for a thin disc type one.

Im just going to connect it on a wire between the battery and the light and then use plasti dip to water proof it.

Storm Monkey

Newly Enlightened
How about a Maxflex, nflex or bflex from http://www.taskled.com/ depending on configuratiion (boost/buck). They have a choice of click button interfaces, one with 2 light levels. Maxflex also includes low voltage protection and auto high temp powerdown. I (hopefully) have one on order for a 3x SSC P4 dive torch project.

Phil

Tidra

Enlightened
MaxFlex is a bust converter so for one SSC P4 with 7.4V Li-Ion it is NO GO, but you could use nFlex or bFlex with no problem, because they are both buck converters which means that the Vin voltage must be higher than Vout voltage.

LP
Iztok

Jamesdh266

Newly Enlightened
I looked at the nFlex and bFlex and they are both great drivers but have too many features and are a bit more than I wanted to spend. All I need it a simple diver that supplies 1000mA at ~3.6V from a 7.4V Li-Ion.

There must be something low cost like that out there.

HarryN

Flashlight Enthusiast
The drivers might have more features than you need, but they do work - very well.

If you want cheaper, just run the cells in parallel and use a 2 ohm resistor. Cheap, proven, not as well regulated, but not as bad as you might think either.