In need of bulb for jacklite

jewelz57

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a used jacklite flashlight for our boat, its huge. However the bulb is burned out and we can't find anywhere to purchase a new bulb. Anyone know where I can find one?
The bulb has a little wire attached, it is all one piece, not just a bulb.

BVH

Flashaholic
Did you buy the orange, 250 Watt unit or the White, 150 Watt unit? (I think those are the correct wattages) Are you sure the lamp is burned out? In one or both the units, I believe there is an internal switch to switch between 120 VAC and 240 VAC input voltages. Maybe the switch is in the wrong position. These are HID/Short arc lamps with no filament. There's a gap between the Anode and Cathode electrodes inside the round quartz chamber of the lamp. Regarding finding a lamp, I tried years ago and could not find a source other than the light mfg and I think they wanted #300 for a lamp.

jewelz57

Newly Enlightened
Did you buy the orange, 250 Watt unit or the White, 150 Watt unit? (I think those are the correct wattages) Are you sure the lamp is burned out? In one or both the units, I believe there is an internal switch to switch between 120 VAC and 240 VAC input voltages. Maybe the switch is in the wrong position. These are HID/Short arc lamps with no filament. There's a gap between the Anode and Cathode electrodes inside the round quartz chamber of the lamp. Regarding finding a lamp, I tried years ago and could not find a source other than the light mfg and I think they wanted #300 for a lamp.
I bought this flashlight used off of FB marketplace. The bulb I was told had just burned out. My husband figured out how to get it out, it's a clear bulb with a short wire attached which in turn attaches to something inside the flashlight.

BVH

Flashaholic
Have you two tried to operate the light? Some pics would help of the light and bulb. These lights are far different than standard incandescent flash/searchlights. You troubleshoot them differently. Are you handy enough to open up the case and check for the 120/240 volt selection switch?