Inexpensive emergency lights

cland72

Flashlight Enthusiast
You feel free to use your alkaleaks RickZ, They've ruined far too many flashlights and other devises, in my life.

For my flashlights I use, and will continue to use, lithium primaries.

I would recommend against long term storage of ANY devise, with alkaleaks installed.

If, you still feel the need to use alkaleaks, let me at least recommend that you store them separately, and not in, your flashlights or other devises.

Agreed. Another alternative is to buy a few Eneloops and use them in lieu of lithium primaries.

e_dogg

Newly Enlightened
Final update:

DXsoul is sending me a replacement Sipik. They first offered me a $2 refund but I really just want a light that works. I'm glad that they were willing to ship a replacement and I hope the replacement isn't damaged/defective too. Those are pretty amazing lights for the price. I see why they frequently are recommended for budget lights.

My Olight S1 Baton lights arrived from Dazed1's group buy. What an AWESOME teeny tiny light! It's super easy to use, has a good mix of moonlight, low, medium, and high brightness, and has a good balance between flood and throw. The beam is a nice even circle which projects very far on the high setting. I think I like it better than the Eagletac.

Also, I found a use for the Nitecore Tube. It's been on my keychain and has turned out to be handier than I thought. The light on my garage door opener quit working (not just a burned out bulb - the socket is toast). And now that winter has arrived and daylight saving time is over, it's super dark by the time I get home. So I've been using it to navigate the garage.

Thanks again to those who gave me suggestions!

magellan

Honorary Aussie
I have 5 Sipiks in different colors. They're my beaters as I don't care if I drop them.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, I found a use for the Nitecore Tube. It's been on my keychain and has turned out to be handier than I thought. The light on my garage door opener quit working (not just a burned out bulb - the socket is toast). And now that winter has arrived and daylight saving time is over, it's super dark by the time I get home. So I've been using it to navigate the garage.
That's why I have a Tube as a zipper pull on every coat and sweater I own, as well as one on my keychain.