Inforce 9VX rechargeables?

Cochese

Newly Enlightened
sVxcV1H
sVxcV1H
Hello,

I have an Inforce 9VX light for work that I'm partial to.

It runs on three CR123 batteries and burns through them quickly.

I would like to move to rechargeable. It has been a while since I screwed around with rechargeable CR123 cells. When I last did, they were dodgy at best.

I'm assuming the tech is better now. I was looking at Nitecore NL166 rechargeables. I have two Nitecore lights (I know they are Chinese and not generally liked) that I have had excellent luck with.

Is buying six of these things the most economical decision for a rechargeable solution?

I determined that 17500 cells are essentially 1.5 times the size of a CR123.

Does that mean two (2) 17500 rechargeables would work as an alternative?

Lastly, I noticed Battery Junction (are they still the best place to buy this stuff?) has three (3) variations of 17500 including:

a) Ultrafire 1300 mAh 3.7v "protected" LI
b) Saft LM-17500 A Size 3000mAh 3V Lithium Manganese Dioxide (Li-Mn0.2) Button Top
c) Saft LS-17500 A Size 3600mAh 3.6V Lithium Thionyl Chloride (LiSOCI2) Button Top

I apologize for the newb questions but I notice different voltages and chemistry here and don't want to waste money or return shipping!

Thanks for the space.

sVxcV1H

Last edited:

Fish 14

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, that's a 9v max light. But here are your options if you dare go down that road.
And remember your rechargable lithium ion is a nominal voltage of 3.7 when it's fully charged it's at 4.2v.

3x123a is rough 102mm long
2x17500 is 100mm long
2x16650 is 130mm long

The 17500 might not work because they are 17mm in diameter, but close enough in length. The 123a is 16mm in diameter.

Stay away from ultrafire. They are the most corrupt battery your can buy. Also, nitecore batteries suck as well. Stay away from protected cells.

A little advice. Stay far away from batteries that have a flashlight name on them. Acebeam,nitecore, thrunite,olight etc. You are just over paying for a B grade cell from one of the major lithium ion battery manufacturers.

Stay away from saft, they are over priced French batteries. Stick IMR's they are the safest of all lithium ion.

Panosonic
LG
Samsung
Sony

These are the top of the line lithium ion manufacturers in the world. Choose a battery from one of them and you'll be ok.

Last edited:

Cochese

Newly Enlightened
First off, that's a 9v max light. But here are your options if you dare go down that road.
And remember your rechargable lithium ion is a nominal voltage of 3.7 when it's fully charged it's at 4.2v.

3x123a is rough 102mm long
2x17500 is 100mm long
2x16650 is 130mm long

The 17500 might not work because they are 17mm in diameter, but close enough in length. The 123a is 16mm in diameter.

Stay away from ultrafire. They are the most corrupt battery your can buy. Also, nitecore batteries suck as well. Stay away from protected cells.

A little advice. Stay far away from batteries that have a flashlight name on them. Acebeam,nitecore, thrunite,olight etc. You are just over paying for a B grade cell from one of the major lithium ion battery manufacturers.

Stay away from saft, they are over priced French batteries. Stick IMR's they are the safest of all lithium ion.

Panosonic
LG
Samsung
Sony

These are the top of the line lithium ion manufacturers in the world. Choose a battery from one of them and you'll be ok.

Very enlightening.

Thanks for the info!