INOVA XO3/T3 and Pila 168S Li-Ion

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
chevrofreak, pm me your address and I'll send you two cr123's on me. Also, if your local Walmarts don't carry them, I'll send you a Dorcy AAA as a thanks for your effort.

Kilted

Enlightened
chevrofreak, just dropped by I can also send you a couple cr123's for your effort's. PM me with your address.

=D~~ Kilted

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got the batteries from both of you today, THANKS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The ones from HaulinLow are Golston, which I have not had good experience with in the past, but I tested the voltage on these and they were higher than any of the previous ones I had, so maybe my others were an old batch. They test 3.27v each, so they seem very fresh. I will start the runtime test and output measurement sometime tomorrow morning, just after I wake up. I will keep you all updated!

PS HaulinLow, thanks for the light! I already modded it with a 26,000mcd LED and it will get a lot of use!

Kilted

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chevrofreak said:
The Tactical Warehouse 168S cells wont fit Inova lights, and there is no outer wraper that can be removed to make them fit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you, I did not know that. =D~~ Kilted

HaulinLow

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I'm starting to really respect the regulation in that light. I have never burned mine for more that 20 minutes in a row.

I got those Golstons from Emilion's website. I love them. FINALLY a deal that is really $1 apiece including shipping!

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had purchased some Golstons from Hong Kong a couple years ago. They seemed like decent batteries at the time, but then I sent my last pair to SilverFox for evaluation, where they bombed the test. These fresh cells do indeed seem to be top quality and well worth the money. If you have more you might send a pair ot SilverFox to test too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Kilted

Enlightened
Just had an interesting observation. I was checking the run time of the Pila 168S. From chevrofreak run time charts for the Pila 168S the question was direct drive or was the regulator, regulating. Hard to tell but the temperature of the flashlight body drops rapidly after the two hour mark. The downward knee on the chart.

Until someone publish's the actual regulator specs. it will be hard to know.

Just seems to work OK.

=D~~ Kilted