Interesting Video Finds Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucciola

Enlightened
Among the nicest things about Youtube is certainly the splendid choice of animated short films. Here are some of my current favourites:

Of course there's Oktapodi, a hilarious film about the power of love. ;) I can watch this one over and over!

Then also nice but a bit calmer is Going Green, a film about a traffic light fed up with it's daily work.

And finally something to think about: The Lost Thing. With nearly 16 minutes not really short, but definitely worth watching. Reminds me a bit of the art of Tinguely.

Enjoy!

Johnbeck180

Enlightened
Among the nicest things about Youtube is certainly the splendid choice of animated short films. Here are some of my current favourites:

Of course there's Oktapodi, a hilarious film about the power of love. ;) I can watch this one over and over!

Then also nice but a bit calmer is Going Green, a film about a traffic light fed up with it's daily work.

And finally something to think about: The Lost Thing. With nearly 16 minutes not really short, but definitely worth watching. Reminds me a bit of the art of Tinguely.

Enjoy!

Very nice! Enjoyed them all.
Thank you.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Re: Electric Bicycle Races and Defeats Gasoline Superbikes!

I just learned something new about high voltage circuit breakers at power substations. When a HV circuit breaker is opened, the electrical arc continues to conduct electricity. This is bad. To extinguish this current flow quickly, there are "air blast" systems that shoot a 1200 psi blast of air at the switch, blowing the ionized air mocules apart, extinguishing the arc immediately. Pretty cool.

Here's a video of an air blast HV circuit breaker operating. It sounds like a gunshot when it goes off. I wouldn't want to be standing near one when it operates!

brandocommando

Enlightened

This is one of my favorite YouTube videos of one of my favorite bands.

I hope you enjoy the tunes and the awesome light show...

It gets really good at around 2:00 and I bet you you'll recognize the tune!:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtzwYn8EIxI

...I think I saw an alien!

Last edited:

StarHalo

Flashaholic

a 1200 psi blast of air at the switch, blowing the ionized air mocules apart, extinguishing the arc immediately.

That's intense, never once have I seen one of those giant breaker arcs and on thinking on how to disable it, arrived at "giant can of compressed air"..

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

That's intense, never once have I seen one of those giant breaker arcs and on thinking on how to disable it, arrived at "giant can of compressed air"..

Neither did I. In a way it's wonderfully old school, but then so is electricity itself.

Monocrom

Flashaholic

Good old Ford.

No need to wait for the car to arrive on dealer showrooms before seeing a major problem. Things have indeed improved at Ford.

brandocommando

Enlightened
A NEW USE FOR SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL!

Apparently it's not just for flashlights anymore...

Last edited:

AZPops

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's a song that'll get stuck in your head, n' get your minds off of flashlights!

:crackup:

Status
Not open for further replies.