• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Introducing the Pocket Illuminator - MiniPro Powered AAA Flashlight

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlight - Are the pills for both the 1AAA & 2AAA versions the same?

Will it be ok to run a rested 3.7V Li-on on the 1AAA/2AAA version?

Yes, the drop in modules are the same in the 1AAA and 2AAA.

As for the Li-ion, there is a real danger to over heat the Luxeon; with a
voltage BIN of H, the Li-ion would be way over the vfd of the Luxeon. If you monitor the Luxeon heat, nothing else should suffer, but you're treading on new ground.

mcmc - I'm sorry, I'm a little behind the times; no Fenix to compare it with. Hopefully someone who gets one of these can comapre the two.

RemingtonBPD - I don't think I could do it justice, but if you search for threads on the Nuwai TM-310H and TM-311H flashlights, there may be some as there are several threads on the stock flashlight. Also, the Target stores here carry these, so if one is near you, you can get a real close up look.

Thanks!

G-2

Enlightened
PM, email & :paypal: for 1-Pocket Illuminator 2AAA - $60.00 includes Priority Shipping and Insurance (USA)

Last edited:

AuroraLite

Enlightened
Lambda,

:paypal: for PI 1AAA x2, PI 2AAA x1 and along with other products. Thank you! :thumbsup:

Roboholic

Enlightened
paypal.gif
for 1 Pocket Illuminator 1AAA
thanks.gif

Robo

rdf

Newly Enlightened
Paypal sent for one 1AAA, one 2AAA, and (what the heck) another SMJPR bulb ...

Thanks!

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
maybe stupid question, but can internals from 1AAA be easily switched out if I picked up a 2AAA body at target?

MrWonderful1961

Newly Enlightened
lambda said:
Pocket Illuminator 1AAA - $55.00 includes Priority Shipping and Insurance (USA) (First Class shipping Canada with Insurance) - International Orders $65.00 includes Global Express shipping and Insurance.
Ok, ok... Please send me one too... :paypal:

It looks like a nifty little package! :goodjob:

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashlight - From what I was told by Kevin, "the MiniPro circuit will limit output current to about 1.4 amps on the TWOH."

Just to clarify things, the 1.4 Amp figure was given as an estimate of the maximum current the Luxeon would see if overdriven by a 3.6 Li-ion cell; something I DO NOT recommend doing. The Luxeon would get very hot under these conditions in this tiny flashlight, as you would need a D cell size heatsink (and flashlight) to maintain proper cooling at that current level.

I know some folks get hung up on specs such as current levels, but that has led to many misconceptions (and arguments) in the past as not all measurement equipment and setups are the same. And since the current level to the Luxeon is only part of the light equation, not significant enough to be used to judge performance, I find it just tends to confuse more than educate.

Actually, a more significant part of the light equation is "how well is the Luxeon heat sinked?", as thermal management is more important than current supplied. See my thermal study page for why it is more important (sometimes more current can mean less light output):

http://home.mchsi.com/~lambda_lights/thermal.htm

Even run time charts can be misleading, as the same circuit stuffed into a larger reflector generally will show much increased 'brightness' (lux), while the actual quantity of light produced (lumens) remains the same.

To make accurate current measurements of a converter requires the use of galvanic connections; something I don't have. But to answer the question on current levels, I'll say on one cell LED current is 350mA and on two cells 700mA, but take these figures with a margin of error of +-100mA, as I personally do not have the equipment to make accurate measurements.

Now, back to the business at hand - I just finished testing all the 2AAA units in preparation of packing. Test results gave values from 650 Lux to a couple units hitting over 800 Lux at one meter. So some of these TWOH seem to be close to BIN U brightenss.

Only three 1AAA units left, so don't sit on the fence too long thinking about it if you want one of these, I would expect those to get sold very soon.

Thanks!

Lambda