Is BigFoot real and have we been to the moon???

weedle256

Newly Enlightened
Been sitting on the sidelines on this one to give every one else a shot...

I've had this discussion with SheDevil for years.

There is no way we haven't been to the moon. Anything else just doesn't make any sense... no way everyone involved, in what would be the largest :)shrug:) cover up by the US government, could keep quite after all this time.

As for big foot, well, you just gotta believe :devil:

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
Bigfoot is definately real:

bigfoot3.jpg

TJx

Newly Enlightened
My argument has always been they would not have faked the moon landings 6 times, once or twice maybe, not 6, too risky.

On a less serious note:
Remember the "Six Million Dollar Man" episode were Bigfoot was really an alien creation? I think they were on to something!

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have spent a lot of time hunting and camping in my 49 years. Much of it done in some fairly remote and rough country in numerous states. I have never seen anything to make me think Bigfoot exists. But, I find the possiblty, no matter how remote it may be, that there exists some creatures on this earth we know nothing about to be interesting. Something there makes the world seem a bit more myterious and interesting, so I rather hope there is something to it all.

As far as the moon landing being faked, there is too much evidence that they were indeed accomplished and it is insulting to the brave men who did it to say otherwise.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have my doubts about landing on the moon.

I'm sorry to hear that...:faint:

Nothing personal against you, but I guess the folks who don't believe in the moon landings also believe Apollo 13 was a big fake dramatic event in history.:shakehead

Might as well just write off NASA. Heck add to that Von Braun, the V2 rocket, the Apollo 1 tragedy, et cetera.

I'm assuming the "fake" assertion for the moon landings is being made because the footage of Armstrong walking on the moon "looks" fake. Well, there are plenty of satellite photos of objects in space, I guess that "looks" fake too. All the planets, asteroids, stars and galaxies might as well be fake. All cardboard cutouts and facades courtesy of NASA. Oh, and that $25 billion? It went into cardboard. That's right, $25 billion worth of cardboard.:shakehead

These "assertions" that we never went to the moon are made largely by uneducated individuals who don't have an accurate scientific perspective. This argument also reminds me of someone I knew who thought a car engine consumes the same amount of fuel, regardless of speed.:shakehead He got a special pat on the head for that one.:goodjob::clap:

I suppose the world is flat, too.:party:

This is just sad.:( This type of thinking could do us in.:tinfoil:

Last edited:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
These "assertions" that we never went to the moon are made largely by uneducated individuals who don't have an accurate scientific perspective.

I think that this is largely correct. I also think that some people just "Want to believe" this kind of stuff. It's just easier sometimes to believe in a simple explanation using human mistrust than accept that something difficult or improbable really did occur. I speak of things such as the "9/11 inside job" crap and the like.

Although it is hard to admit sometimes, humans have done a lot of amazing things. Not all of them have been good, but they happened none the less. Many of the same "conspiracy theorists" also are fond of saying...."What did the space program ever do for us" and "We should be spending that money here on earth". I hope the next time they have a CT scan or MRI, they think of where all this technology came from. It sure as heck didn't come from a movie studio.

When we stop believing in facts, we open ourselves up to wild speculation. Combine such things as fear and evil personal ambition with such speculation and it can result in things like the "Salem witch trials" etc.

The "age of enlightenment" was supposed to be exactly what it says. I pray we never go back from it.

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
My brother in law went deer hunting last fall on a large tract of land down in the southern tip of the boot heel of Missouri. He found a set of tracks in the mud that he believes were not made by humans. Here is the evidence as he presents it. One, it was way too cold to be walking around barefoot. Two, the tracks were flat footed, meaning that they did not possess the arched foot which indents more to one side. Three, they were huge. Four, the mud was squished between the toes as weight shifted to the front of the foot as during walking. He also feels that this particular detail excludes the likelihood of them being a reproduction. Five, they were in a remote location. This would be but a story to me if he had not taken photos. He also had a hat in the frame for reference.

Now get this - I erased them from the camera after he told me he had copied them to the computer hard drive. The camera was full and could take no more pictures and his father (my father in law) wanted to take some pictures right away with his camera. Unfortunately, my brother in law had only created shortcuts to the pictures on the computer hard drive. Regardless, he was certainly not happy with me, so I opined to my wife that it would be best if we could get going. :whistle: The pics were not that great though because the photographer did not take enough pics from all angles and with sufficient zoom to show the level of detail that was described. I'll still probably never feel like I live that one down. :oops:

Jaygnar

Newly Enlightened
I think that the whole moon landing thing has some holes in it and I don't see why with modern technology, we can't just point a telescope at the moon and have pics of the stuff we left behind. I don't mean to say that I think it's fake. I just think that it is a shame that NASA does not put the claims to rest once and for all.

As for Bigfoot, well I believe that there may yet be undiscovered species of ape. I just don't really think that those apes are going to be discovered in areas like north Georgia (where I live). There is just not enough wilderness here to support a breeding population without discovery. Areas like the Pacific Northwest and the Himalayas seem more likely. I do believe in the possibility but not the probability of Bigfoot.

If Bigfoot is living on the dark side of the moon and NASA knows that, well I'd be surprised.:nana:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
The resolution of Hubble at the distance of the moon is about 85 meters. In other words, no existing telescope would be capable of resolving the lunar landers from Earth.

Flashlight Aficionado

Enlightened
...we can't just point a telescope at the moon and have pics of the stuff we left behind. I don't mean to say that I think it's fake. I just think that it is a shame that NASA does not put the claims to rest once and for all.

No it won't. They can take a thousand super clear pictures and the skeptics will say they were photoshopped.

paxxus

Enlightened
I think that the whole moon landing thing has some holes in it and I don't see why with modern technology, we can't just point a telescope at the moon and have pics of the stuff we left behind. I don't mean to say that I think it's fake. I just think that it is a shame that NASA does not put the claims to rest once and for all.
To this day a mirror installed on the moon during the Apollo missions is used to measure how fast the moon falls away from earth.

LED-holic

Flashlight Enthusiast
What would there be to resolve?

People would claim the telescope shots are fake, even if they could get that resolution (which they can't).

Some people just will never be convinced. Not even if you send them to the moon. They'll claim they were drugged up to simulate a space flight, taken to a Hollywood studio, and saw a fake landscape.

People are generally dumb, some people are so dumb that they'll want to disbelieve everything. You just can't help those people.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some people still believe the world is flat.

No they don't. The flat Earth Soc. is a meant as a joke. The (very) few members it has don't actually believe that the Earth is flat, they are just having a laugh. Most of the members are university professors with a sense of humour.

Also,

Despite popular belief, nobody in history ever really thought that the earth was flat anyway. It was quite widely believed for some time that it was in fact pear shaped.
The 'Flat Earth' belief that we have now just came from childrens stories. No doubt, in 500 years people will believe that there really was a castle of wizardry and Harry Potter.

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice link Asdalton. My favorite quote towards the end:
Do you really think they'd believe more pictures returned by NASA? I sure don't. Once you stick your fingers in your ears and start saying "LALALALALA I can't hear you" all bets are off, and no amount of evidence will help.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Is BigFoot real and have we been to the moon?

It's a good Friday night discussion.
I've had this discussion with SheDevil for years.
And you two haven't yet come up with anything more constructive to do on a Friday night? :shrug:

I think that the whole moon landing thing has some holes in it and I don't see why with modern technology, we can't just point a telescope at the moon and have pics of the stuff we left behind.
As Paxxus pointed out, we do - sort of. Basically, a high powered laser (which covers an area several kilometers across by the time it gets to the moon) bounces off one of several retroreflective mirror arrays which are just visible by high powered telescopes back here.

As for Mr Phelps, what's so big about size 14 anyway? One of our moderators beats that. Maybe he's not real. Maybe he has no arches... :thinking: Hm...

Latest posts