Is it possible to replace a stock Xenon bulb with a more powerful (LED) one?

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
Hi -

I have a Swiss Arms Xenon flashlight and laser combo for use on my pistol.
I find the 90 lumen (stated) Xenon bulb to be fairly weak.
Do you have any suggestions for how to replace the stock Xenon bulb with either a more powerful Xenon one or preferably a much more powerful LED one?

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003O21L6I/

:thinking:

Last edited:

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thats a new one for me. Only idea I have is, you could maybe check with Lumens Factory to see if they have anything like that or one that you could retrofit?? I doubt they do.

liam_995

Newly Enlightened
Thats a new one for me. Only idea I have is, you could maybe check with Lumens Factory to see if they have anything like that or one that you could retrofit?? I doubt they do.

I will give it a try - looks very proprietary to me...:thinking:

1pt21

Enlightened
Couldn't he de-solder the bulb and replace it with a better one (say, Streamlight)? Appears to just be a bi-pin soldered to (+)(-) contact tabs.

What powers the light? 1xCR123?

As far as replacing it with an LED, highly doubtful. The whole thing is plastic, so you'd have no heat sinking (and many other issues such as drivers, focusing, etc...).

Realistically the more I type this I realize for a $60 light, I would save my money and use it until it breaks. Then upgrade... Appears it's made for an Airsoft toy gun anyway (no offense intended).