bi pin incandescent 2AA to a good home

Poppy

Flashaholic
I cleaned out my glove compartment yesterday, somewhat.
In it I found this Husky 2 AA light with DEAD rayovac batteries in it. So dead they didn't even register on my volt meter. Fortunately they didn't leak.

Apparently a battery had leaked in this light in the past and oxidized the tail spring a little bit, but it can be cleaned with a little vinegar. It still conducts electricity.

It has a side switch and focusing lens like a maglite.

Personally I am not into incans, so if someone wants to give this baby a good home, let me know.
First to say, I'll take it, gets it.

Poppy.

1697546427998.png

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
There was a time when these 5mm bi-pin LED bulbs being sold as a group buy. They were made by a company called Yuji. Some used them in minimags and other 3 volt light modules like a burnt P60 module with a Yuji in a 3P type of light.

Minimag clones usually make great hosts.

Can you still find them anywhere? Sounds fun to play around with.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
Folks had to buy 1000 at a time from Yuji. They'd sell lots of 25 and 50 here at CPF. That was around 2016 or so.

But hey, if Amazon don't have 'em......

At that price it's totally worth checking out, already ordered. Looks like I may have to trim the "legs" of the pins a little shorter but that should be easy.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
At that price it's totally worth checking out, already ordered. Looks like I may have to trim the "legs" of the pins a little shorter but that should be easy.
If you have a 3 volt 1x123 like an E or other 3P clone you can rebuild a P60 module with one and those long legs are handy. Great for a 9P using 2aa batteries etc. You get about 8 lumens for days and days of runtime.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
If you have a 3 volt 1x123 like an E or other 3P clone you can rebuild a P60 module with one and those long legs are handy. Great for a 9P using 2aa batteries etc. You get about 8 lumens for days and days of runtime.

It just so happens I have a fried p60 lamp assy. Time to dissect it.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I still have a very small stash of my 32000k and 56000k Yuji emitters left. I have them in a bunch of lights, but this 2xAA host (no longer available anywhere) is my favorite.

View attachment 51099
Perhaps if you go to a mom and pop hardware store, you may still find a bi-pin light that they haven't sold yet.

Megalamuffin

Enlightened
I still have a very small stash of my 32000k and 56000k Yuji emitters left. I have them in a bunch of lights, but this 2xAA host (no longer available anywhere) is my favorite.

View attachment 51099

There's some on ebay but they're too pricey.

I think it was late last year I bought one of those same lights brand new from amazon for about $8, wish I had bought more.