Is Klarus quality better than FourSevens ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday I suffered my first and only flashlight failure. It was a 4Sevens Quark Mini. I have orderd 6 of them and given them away as gifts. Everyone including myself have noticed thread issues with the Quark Mini as well as the light turning on with the touch on the head.
Could it be because the 'head' hasn't been turned far away enough? If you get what I mean.

Lucciola

Enlightened
If you can wiggle the head to get the light to turn on, then there is an issue with the light. I cannot turn my car on after is has been turned of by wiggling the keys.

Ahh, yes. But if you open up the handbrake of a BMW only halfway the bloody car will move like molasses and you'll end up with a smoking brake. Any engineer will tell you the same: There's no such thing as "foolproof". ;)

the.Mtn.Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand the premise to this. This should not be the case. If you can wiggle the head to get the light to turn on, then there is an issue with the light. I cannot turn my car on after is has been turned of by wiggling the keys. I simply think that if I have been told this by 5 of my friends, then 4sevens has been told this by quite a few more people. I just think that they have had multiple opportunities to address this, but instead have chosen to call it a "feature".
Your analogy doesn't really make sense because you are comparing what I assume is a legitimate fault (turning on the car simply by wiggling the key but without actually engaging the ignition switch) with an inherent design limitation of twisty-style flashlights. Any traditional twisty light will turn on if the contacts are close enough together that the circuit is completed simply by wiggling the head a little. The solution is to separate the contacts a sufficient distance by opening the head further. If you are turning the head just to the point that the light turns off then this is generally not sufficient. Give it another 1/4 to 1/2 turn and you should be fine.

shelm

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why are you so rabidly anti-4Sevens? Did David kick your dog or something?
if you have something personal to say, do it via PM.
your way off-topic man.

but while we're at it .. i will stop criticizing 4Sevens products for the rest of my modest life, if i get my full money back i ever invested in this brand and its :green: greenish lights. for that matter if that helps you or anyone else ;)

i dont get the chance to return the light free of charge or cost for a full refund only because i dont appreciate its tint performance. i bought my stuff directly from the States, had to pay import taxes and customs, and 4Sevens return policy doesnt cover dissatisfaction about the light's greenish tint. their warranty is a 10 years "performance" guarantee and not a 10 years "satisfaction guarantee", too bad.

So no, it's nothing personal against David .. although i am sure that i am not among his most valued customers :p

Last edited:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
I think the topic has been covered adequately here as specific details are only getting re-hashed at this point.

If anybody feels that futher relevant information needs to be added to this thread, please feel free to PM me and I can re-open it.

Best regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.