**Is the Inova X5T bright enough?**

nonbox

Banned
I received my CountyComm X5T-HA. It arrived in just 2 days. I bought the CountyComm $5 X5T sheath and I highly recommend the sheath. The sheath is very well made, slim, and the velcro sticks like glue. I don't know how well the sheath will hold up in the long run but it is well made at a low price.

Here's the pros and cons for the CountyComm X5T-HA:

Pros:
Excellent construction
Excellent design
HA finish is low gloss and durable
Slim in dimension

Cons:
Too dim for a 2 CR123 light
Blue tint to beam

Inova should make a model with a 1 Watt led in it.

The X5T-HA is good for very long run time situations like backpacking for hours, close up work, a good light to use in a power outage in the house.

I would recommend the TL2/NF2 leds or PM6 led to a LEO instead of the X5T-HA.

Price: The silver and black X5T can be had for $32 and the CountyComm X5T-HA (HA III finish) is $40. You can get more light for $32 to $40 with other brands, therefore I think the Inova prices are too high. This light should sell for $20-$30 at most. Cheaper maglites and bargin plastic flashlights give off more usable light.

I only recommend the CountyComm X5T-HA as a back up flashlight. If you're a flashlight collector and love the solid construction, form factor, then look in to this flashlight. It is not a must have flashlight. The Arc LS, TL2, PM6 led, or any of the surefires are better choices.

JerryM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I noticed some Inova X5 clones on ebay.
I wonder if they are any good. I remember someone saying that they got the clones in either Singapore or China, and they were about as good.

I think the X5 is an expensive light for the amount of light. I don't really need one to walk aroung the house at night. Single cell led lights will do that or even a Mini Mag.

Jerry

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
nonbox said:
Cons:
-Too dim for a 2 CR123 light

-Inova should make a model with a 1 Watt led in it.

-You can get more light for $32 to $40 with other brands, therefore I think the Inova prices are too high.

-It is not a must have flashlight. The Arc LS, TL2, PM6 led, or any of the surefires are better choices.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahh, but can any of the lights you mentioned give the runtime of the X5T? Everyone seems to think that because it is a 2x123 light that it should be very powerful, like many other 2x123 lights are. How long does an ARC LS last on a battery at full brightness? 2-3 hours? What about an SF E2e with KL1? 4-5 hours? The Inova will still be running after the other lights you mentioned have given up the ghost.

IMO comparing the X5T to other 2x123 lights, even ones with LS in them, is like comparing a Minimag with an Opalec drop in to a Minimag with a Badboy or Madmax. Two totally different animals. The X5T isn't for everybody, and definitely isn't the best all-around light (most people would rather sacrifice some runtime for more light and throw), but for a back-up light or as a companion to a higher powered light, is where it really starts to shine. I keep mine with an SF E2e, I think the two lights complement each other very well. If I could only carry one light though, it would be a brighter one like the E2e.

-Keith