Is there some sort of glossary somewhere for the brands and models you folks write about?

TD-Horne

Newly Enlightened
I'm wondering if anyone anyone knows of has written a list of the manufacturers still producing lights and which model goes with which manufacturer, when that isn't obvious.

Many of the discussions here leave me in the dust within a couple of sentences so that sort of list would be really helpful.

Tom Horne

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good point about our shorthand when talking about flashlights. Feel free to ask in that thread what flashlight is being discussed. Sometimes I will do a Google search with the model number someone talked about, and include the keyword flashlight.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
When I first arrived here TD I kept seeing stuff like PD36, TK12, P60, "drop in" and other inside baseball phrases the hobbyists kept going on about. Eventually I learned those are terms for popular brands like the Fenix TK series, SureFire light modules and LED modules that replace them.

There is no "glossary" as it were. You'll just notice a pattern after a while like ML300 is a D size Maglite or E01 is a Fenix 1x aaa light.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Tom

If you read 18650* or 21700, these are rechargeable lithium batteries most lights use.
If you read Drop-in or P60 are replaceable light modules for P60 hosts = P60 Flashlight List {host}
DC direct current / A Amps of current / mAh milliampere hour or Ah ampere hour = battery size or volume
emitters are very important and their numbers can change often, that becomes a focus because it makes a big difference.

There are tons of individual light models, so just narrow to a brand you like & look for deals.

* 18mm wide, 65mm long