Is there such thing as a AA lithium battery?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Is there such thing as a AA lithium battery? My curiosity has brought up this question in recent times. Is there a AA battery in lithium form? I have been pondering the thought of a lithium the size of a AA battery, is it possible?

Squid

Newly Enlightened
Hi!

Yes, there are indeed lithium batteries available in AA. The ones I've seen are made by Energizer.

Do you live close to a Fry's Electronics? That's where I first saw them. You might want to check them out. As expected, they are more expensive.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

y i do live right near a fry's.. About how much $$$ have you seen them go for there?

Brock

Flashaholic
Radio Shack has them. I bought a bunch in bulk from http://www.cheapbatteries.com They hold about the same amount of power as a standard AA cell, but have a 10 year shelf life. They are also not as heavy as standard alaklines, about 1/2 the weight. Lithiums also hold the output voltage under a heavy load and hold it until they are just about dead. While alkalines slowly drop in voltage the whole time and really drop under load.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Brock,

How is the customer service and turnround time at cheapbatteries? I have not bought from them lately - almost 9 months. A friend of mine has expressed some dissatisfaction about them recently. I wanted another opinion.

Mike

Newly Enlightened
Keep in mind that lithium batteries are not recharageable like lithium-ion. (I don't know if you were thinking longlife or rechargable.)

Brock

Flashaholic
We buy from them for work all the time. Sometimes we get the batteries 2 to 3 days later and sometimes it takes 2 or 3 weeks. I tend to order them in advance of when I need them so it isn't a problem. They also aren't "chatty", not a lot of info on the sales end, it usually just shows up. I have never had a order wrong yet, just sometimes a bit slow. I have started ordering from http://www.sunnbattery.com/ for personal use and haven't had a problem with them either. Hope this helps.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've ordered from Sunn battery and received the order in either three or four days, I forget. A lot less confusing web page then cheap batteries!

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wal-Mart has the L-91 AA Lithiums the cheapest I have found anywhere (except for an occasional deal on ebay) $9.90 for pkg of 4.

Cheaper than the other places mentioned unless you buy a bunch at one time.