iTP C9 or iTP C10 (and approporiate rechargeables)?

buth

Newly Enlightened
@ alfreddajero

... nervously waiting for your beamshots (iTP C9 vs. MAGlite 3D).

I don't want to urge you in any way. Please, please, please don't get me wrong. But I'm just so curious ...

buth

buth

Newly Enlightened
I don't know what rechargeables are the best. Li-Ion or Li-Polimer or LiFePO4 ? And what brand ?

Perhaps these?

>>> http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/sho...d.php?t=125353 <<<

These LiFePO4 rechargeables are said to be very save and to have less problems with high ampere output. And they can be recharged very quickly.

>>> http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=203788 <<< (only the first text of LuxLuthor)

Or better Li-Ion or Li-Polimer rechargeables? If they are better: I would only choose protected ones.

buth

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hope your happy with the pics....just remember that the Magled has a smooth reflector while the ITP C9 is half smooth and half op......

p1050818u.jpg

p1050819o.jpg

Exposure stepped down.....

p1050820.jpg

p1050821.jpg

p1050822.jpg

buth

Newly Enlightened
@ alfreddajero:

Remarkable: C9 is whiter, brighter, better. Much better.

Thank you very much for your beamshots.

buth

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks man......I love itp's....for the simple fact that there affordable, and made nicely as well. There not as popular as some of the brands you will find here but they do get the job done.

buth

Newly Enlightened
Yes I agree. I think slowly but surely my search comes to an end.

But in post no. 4 you wrote about the iTP SC Series. Also interesting, but:
- Does it (SC1) have a "Constant current output control system", as the C9 has?
- The SC1 has a smooth reflector, but the C9 has a half smooth and half OP reflector. What is the result? What's better?

What about LiFePO4 rechargeables. They are said to be very save, but the have less mAH.

buth

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

buth

Newly Enlightened
Thanks again for all this helpful information.
But now I've got to go to bed. It's 6:30 AM here.
Nevertheless I'm sure that these were not my last questions. :)
Good night. :wave:

buth

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about LiFePO4 rechargeables. They are said to be very save, but the have less mAH.
LiFePO4 cells are safe but you need to have a specific charger for them, or have one that can charge LiFePO4 and regular Li-Ion cells.

Also with LiFePO4 cells, you need to be more aware of how much energy your lights are drawing from the cells and know when to recharge them.

When dealing with 16340 cells, whether LiFePO4 or regular Li-Ion, they all have low capacities anyway...it's a limitation of the battery size.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey nice to see another filipino on the boards.....thats why i had to get the other bodies as well, just more choices.

buth

Newly Enlightened
Also with LiFePO4 cells, you need to be more aware of how much energy your lights are drawing from the cells and know when to recharge them.

The iTP C9 The C9 features a low voltage warning flash. I've read it in SELFBUILT's review:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/205780

So there should be no danger. Or am I wrong?

What about the iTP SC1: Does it have a low voltage warning flash?

And what about the SC1's smooth reflector? Is it worse than a half smooth and half OP reflector, as the C9 has one?

buth

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the smooth reflector would give better throw. You should have no danger with batteries just as long as there good quality. I got my C9 a month when they came out and i could not be happier that i have and own one. Go to shiningbeam and order from him, hey if you dont like it at least you will be able to return it right.

eradimatrix

Newly Enlightened
Do you think you could post a picture of your ITP flashlight being held in your hand? I can't find any pictures at all anywhere online of any ITP light in one's hand.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can confirm that the ITP SC1 does not have a low voltage warning......I used an AW 14500 and the light just went out, i guess the overdischarge circuit of the cell kicked in.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why does the C10 model NOT say it's compatible with an 18650 cell ?

If it would actually fit - it's probably not near as bright as two RCR123's .

Seems it's not really designed or optimized for an 18650.

alfreddajero

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess would be that the walls are not thin enough for the diameter of the 18650.....you can always use an AW 17670.