ITP EOS 1AAA

rookiedaddy

Enlightened
You have a local flashlight shop? That's what I call a real specialty store. Can't be too many of them.
ya... but the problem is... imagine how hard it is to control the impulse buy when you walk into a shop and immediately presented with selections of different Nitecore, Fenix, Olight, Tiablo, Zebralight, iTP, EagleTac and other chinese flashlights? :sick: :broke: I feel like kids walking into Toy'R Us. :mecry:
the worst part is (for us flashaholics, that would be the best part), you get to test (*cough*play*cough*) every single flashlight before purchase... testing and comparing the brightness, throw, beam profile, tint choices (sometimes same model) and UI. Imagine doing those excellent selfbuilt's reviews yourself... Fenix TK40 vs Fenix TK30 vs Tiablo ACE-G vs Olight M30 vs etc.

I wish I had 3 stainless models too! Should make excellent Xmas presents... assuming they are for others.:D
haha... mom and wife, and I'm keeping one :grin2:

FWIW, if anyone happen to get the iTP A1 EOS and/or SC1 Eluma (both single CR123A cell size), try to bend the clip outward a little before using (as it touches the tail cap) to avoid leaving a scratch mark on it. :)

Last edited:

Vee3

Enlightened
It's been mentioned that the O-ring is exposed when in the off position, and the supplied split-ring is flimsy. I was able to remedy both.

This is what mine looked like when off. Note exposed O-ring...

DSCF3311.jpg

And in the on position...

DSCF3312.jpg

I was able to remove ~.025" from the end of the body to reduce the gap and cover the O-ring. Here it is in the off position now...

DSCF3314.jpg

In the on position, it only has a .005 gap when tight (looks larger here, but that's due to the chamfers where the head/body meet).

DSCF3313.jpg

I was able to find a larger split-ring, and polished the ends so that it wouldn't damage the finish (original shown for referance)...

DSCF3315.jpg

Anyway, this and similar lights like the Maratac, etc were probably designed with a gap to account for tolerance stack-up of the components in the head, so all lights would be able to turn on even in the minimum-tolerance condition.

It's easy to improve upon with a few minutes of careful sanding/polishing, and should help keep the head from moving by itself (better O-ring compression) and prevent pocket lint from gunking up the works.

DArklite

Enlightened
I received my SS A3 EOS from Shiningbeam today - thanks Bryan :wave:

I must have gotten lucky - no discernible flicker at all with the low and medium settings :thumbsup:
Flawless polished finish and smooth thread action too, but I'll clean and re-lube.

Going head-to-head with my LOD Rebel 80 with both running fresh Duracell ProCell alkalines, the A3 EOS's beam is white in comparison and made the LOD's beam look somewhat pinkish in the corona. Even on its own, the EOS looks.... white. No green, yellow, or anything else. Kinda reminds me of a few SSC P4 lights I own except for its better-defined hotspot.
The high was higher and the low was lower than the LOD and with a brighter spill, too; but to the LOD's credit it had more of a diffused and larger hotspot.
The A3 beat the LOD in throw which came as no surprise. Of course, I'm keeping both. ;)
Great deal for the price on the A3 IMO.

Liteskr42

Newly Enlightened
Hey Vee3, where did ya find that larger split ring? can ya measure it and tell us the diameter?

Last edited:

Braddah_Bill

Enlightened
Dude where do you live? I'm moving in right next door.:)

I had 2 - SS A3 EOS. I liked them so much I gave them both away :tinfoil: and just ordered another 1 for myself.

ya... but the problem is... imagine how hard it is to control the impulse buy when you walk into a shop and immediately presented with selections of different Nitecore, Fenix, Olight, Tiablo, Zebralight, iTP, EagleTac and other chinese flashlights? :sick: :broke: I feel like kids walking into Toy'R Us. :mecry:
the worst part is (for us flashaholics, that would be the best part), you get to test (*cough*play*cough*) every single flashlight before purchase... testing and comparing the brightness, throw, beam profile, tint choices (sometimes same model) and UI. Imagine doing those excellent selfbuilt's reviews yourself... Fenix TK40 vs Fenix TK30 vs Tiablo ACE-G vs Olight M30 vs etc.

haha... mom and wife, and I'm keeping one :grin2:

FWIW, if anyone happen to get the iTP A1 EOS and/or SC1 Eluma (both single CR123A cell size), try to bend the clip outward a little before using (as it touches the tail cap) to avoid leaving a scratch mark on it. :)

Jett

Newly Enlightened
Hey Vee3.... What size split ring is that? The attachment hole is very small on the iTP AAA. I'm looking to replace the current flimsy ring with a larger sized ring & a berkley micro clip. I'll need to order the split ring and was wondering what size split ring would fit? It looks like a Fenix/Arc AAA may be a bit too big to fit the hole size. I'm interested in hearing thougths from other forum members on this topic.

Kind Regards,

compasillo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll need to order the split ring and was wondering what size split ring would fit? It looks like a Fenix/Arc AAA may be a bit too big to fit the hole size. I'm interested in hearing thougths from other forum members on this topic.

Kind Regards,

The fenix L0D/LD01 split ring fits perfectly and surely admits even a bigger one (the hole is 1 mm diameter).

Jett

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info C... I approciate your help on the sizing.

Kind Regards,

ps56k

Enlightened
I really like my mine - 3 mode - will probably get another for my son.

BTW - Does it matter what kind of battery is used with respect to initial volts vs light output ?

I've noticed the Alka are about 1.5+ and the Enegizer Liths are 1.7 and the NiMh are 1.43...

So - does the EOS boost to something just over what a Lith might supply to make the battery playing field level ?

Latest posts