Jello Shots / Vodka Question

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
No Everclear for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif

14C

Enlightened
You could kill yourself or someone else with Everclear. Heck you can with Vodka. Every year some college student dies from chugging. It's just way too easy with Everclear. When I was in Iceland the locals put oil in their moonshine to make you puke it up if you drank too much too quickly. Not much protection with Everclear.

lightnix

Enlightened
I seem to remember that alcohol evaporates at 78°C, so it's probably best to make sure that the water/Jello mix has cooled to below that temperature before adding the vodka.

I'll probably get my wrists slapped for this, but if you really want to forget who you are, try leaving a small bud of "Holland's Finest" to soak in the vodka for a week or two /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/faint.gif

neogoon

Newly Enlightened
Re: Jello Shots

[ QUOTE ]
raggie33 said:
As with any recipe using alcohol, use in moderation.

[/ QUOTE ]
In my experience, "Jello shots" and "moderation" are mutually exclusive terms...

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast

I am astounded! I have heard of jello shots and never made the connection with alcohol, and I was close to becoming a professional drinker for a short while.Shopping time for jello. They sound like the perfect snack while bass fishing, on an equipment note I do believe Tupperware has "shot glasses" with caps that might work well as forms.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just got done mixing my jello, pretty easy. Don't kow why I didn't do this before. Should be fun at parties. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Darell

Flashaholic

[ QUOTE ]
Moth said:
Jell-O, like all gelatin products (including those made for photographic and laboratory use, as well as for desserts!) is made out of hides, bones, and inedible connecting tissue! Gelatin can be extracted from any kind of animal, but cows are most common.[/i]

[/ QUOTE ]Ah. Excellent. No need to be sorry. I'm just glad we're putting those products to good use instead of wasting them.

It would seem that calling this stuff "inedible" is a overstating it by definition, isn't it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Interestingly enough, I hate jello....until it is "fixed."

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ok, all is well and two shots down. They were kind of big pieces though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast

Funny thing, you don't taste any alcohol until after you down it. Assuming you chew vs slam. Pretty nifty "drink". I think I will defenitely make these for my next party favors. I would like to get some small plastic cups though so they look professional. Would be easier to distribute too.

P

prissypants

is there an easy way to get the jello shot out of the ice cube tray, other than having to gauge it out? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast

You usually use disposable plastic 2 oz (ok, maybe 3 or 4 oz!) cups that have lids on them. Sometimes called portion Cups.

Think of a ketchup dispenser, and the plastic cups by the despenser. Or what Cocktail sauce or tatar sauce gets served in , at a fast food or casual dining restaurant.

Stefan

Enlightened

Just a suggestion... would lining an ice cube tray with plastic wrap help in removing them when they are solid?

Latest posts