Jet IIIM Problems.... anyone else?

Windex

Newly Enlightened
Well, I've been using this flashlight on duty for about 3-4 months now. I keep the "low" setting pretty low, just enough to reflect off of street signs, discretely navigate a dirt path, etc.

Lately, whether I'm using rechargeable batteries or CR123's the flashlight will randomly switch between "max" and "user" settings. All bezels are tight on the flashlight..... I don't understand why it's doing this.....

I emailed bugoutgear about the flashlight on Thursday night.... but I'm wondering if I'm the only one who had this problem as of yet.

:thumbsdow

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe you don't have the head turned away enough so it is making slight contact every now and then?

I know with my TK11 that if it is not unscrewed enough pressing the head in any was will cause what you are describing with a change in modes.

Windex

Newly Enlightened
Maybe you don't have the head turned away enough so it is making slight contact every now and then?

I know with my TK11 that if it is not unscrewed enough pressing the head in any was will cause what you are describing with a change in modes.

Tried that... I can't get the complete assembly any tighter

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
You could possibly check the brass ring located at the positive battery contact point. Sometimes it gets loose. It is brass colored and has two indents for turning. Get a pair of tweezers and check to see if its tight.

Let me know if that doesnt fix the issue.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

jgraham15

Enlightened
Not the same flashlight but my Olight M20 started doing weird stuff and it was caused by the ring that holds the LED assembly loosening up. After I tightened it everything went back to working properly.

Last edited:

Windex

Newly Enlightened
You could possibly check the brass ring located at the positive battery contact point. Sometimes it gets loose. It is brass colored and has two indents for turning. Get a pair of tweezers and check to see if its tight.

Let me know if that doesnt fix the issue.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Tried moving the ring with a pair of ring - pliers.... no movement.

gilly

Enlightened
Tried that... I can't get the complete assembly any tighter

He was referring to the need to loosen the head further. Try backing it off about 1/2 turn further than you usually do - that should prevent it from slipping into MAX when you're in the user defined mode.

Haven't had any problems with mine - great light.

Good luck..:D

Windex

Newly Enlightened
He was referring to the need to loosen the head further. Try backing it off about 1/2 turn further than you usually do - that should prevent it from slipping into MAX when you're in the user defined mode.

Haven't had any problems with mine - great light.

Good luck..:D

That isn't the problem.

The problem is when I have the light on "max" that it slips to "user setting" when the head & switch are tight.

Phantomd aka zach

Newly Enlightened
contact is being lost between the barrel and the brass ring...

I have a III-M and my ONLY issue with mine is the head threads are constantly mucky with grey goop, I have cleaned and re-lubed it many times...

-Zach

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
..... that's EXACTLY what happened with my ITP C7T..... i was wondering where its coming from. I'm speculating it must be from the o-ring... or where else could it be from? :S

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened
I own two Jet III M's, and one of these has shown the same problem right from the beginning on.

Tried everything, cleaning, lubing, tightening every part, but after a certain time it would always come back to user mode :crazy:

The only 'fix' I've found is to bang it *hard* with the front end onto a hard surface .... it'll work again normally for an unspecified lap of time :tinfoil:

I finally gave it to my wife for indoor usage (spotting around in cabinets/pots/jars) ... and when it restarts working crazy .... BANG!!! :devil:

MiniLux

MiniLux

Newly Enlightened
why not send it back to the deal for a repair/replace?

It does have a limited lifetime warranty after all.

My dealer was situated in Australia, I am from Europe.
Sending it back would have cost about a third of the light's value :huh:
In the beginning - when the problem appeared first - I thought I had found the fix by firmly tightening the brass ring. This worked for some time, but later the problem appeared again.
Anyways, my dealer had ceased meantime, my other III M works well, not worth engaging much money into this :tinfoil:

MiniLux

Windex

Newly Enlightened
I own two Jet III M's, and one of these has shown the same problem right from the beginning on.

Tried everything, cleaning, lubing, tightening every part, but after a certain time it would always come back to user mode :crazy:

The only 'fix' I've found is to bang it *hard* with the front end onto a hard surface .... it'll work again normally for an unspecified lap of time :tinfoil:

I finally gave it to my wife for indoor usage (spotting around in cabinets/pots/jars) ... and when it restarts working crazy .... BANG!!! :devil:

MiniLux

I wish I could take the same approach... unfortunately when I'm using this as a "tactical light" the last thing I need is to have this type of a problem...

"oh, I see the badguy..... crap, light went low, where'd he go???!"

BugOutGear_USA

Enlightened
I wish I could take the same approach... unfortunately when I'm using this as a "tactical light" the last thing I need is to have this type of a problem...

"oh, I see the badguy..... crap, light went low, where'd he go???!"

If you got it from us send it back and we will gladly take care of it for you.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

Windex

Newly Enlightened
If you got it from us send it back and we will gladly take care of it for you.

Regards,
Flavio
BugoutGearUSA.com

I did, can you PM me the shipping information I'll need?

Also, what will the turn-around time be normally? I may need to pick up a G2 to use in the meantime if it'll be a while.