Jetbeam RRT-01 vs Sunwayman V11R vs Olight S10

snakyjake

Enlightened
I picked the Jetbeam RRT-01 because it was a lot cheaper. I have no problems with the light. I like the stainless steel bezel because my other aluminum bezels get beat up, especially when they go through the washing machine. I run the light on LFP, no problems and last me months between charges.

The Sunwayman M11R is on my radar if there's a great deal.

Sure would like to get a light that helps me locate it when its lost!

unnamedny

Newly Enlightened
As attractive as magnetic rings seem, they wear out and break very fast. I owned sunwayman and Olight. I will go with Olight anyday.

N8N

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been EDCing a V11R for a few weeks now, ask me in another year :)

Kingdomseeder

Newly Enlightened
I've had my V11r for at least a year maybe 18 mos, can't remember. In my pocket 99% of the time and no issues what so ever. I love the light with imr 16340. Actually been looking for a couple of months for anther edc, but this one just fits the bill :) It would be nice to see what others are experiencing though.

Last edited:

Tapis

Enlightened
Just ordered mine with its extension. Hopefully will be shipped tomorrow. This will be my first light with a variable ring to control luminosity. I'll certainly report back.

Norm

Retired Administrator
As per the banner at the top of the page posts contains links have been deleted. -Norm

Berneck1

Enlightened
I've had two V11Rs. I liked them, but after regular use the variable control dial becomes VERY loose. Sunwayman offered to repack the dials with grease, but that's just too much of a hassle for me. I like to set my lights on higher levels if I quickly need light. I had on more times than I can count reached for my light only to have the control ring on the lowest setting. It would be a MUCH better light if there were some clicks in the ring.

If you're looking at the Olight, you might consider the Thrunite Neutron 2A v2. They are similar lights in my opinion. The 2A has much higher output, and I think the runtimes are the same or a little better..

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

Bruno28

Enlightened
I've had two V11Rs. I liked them, but after regular use the variable control dial becomes VERY loose. Sunwayman offered to repack the dials with grease, but that's just too much of a hassle for me. I like to set my lights on higher levels if I quickly need light. I had on more times than I can count reached for my light only to have the control ring on the lowest setting. It would be a MUCH better light if there were some clicks in the ring.

If you're looking at the Olight, you might consider the Thrunite Neutron 2A v2. They are similar lights in my opinion. The 2A has much higher output, and I think the runtimes are the same or a little better..

Sent from my iPhone using Candlepowerforums

The Thrunite Neutron 2A v2, isn't as compact. Also not a design that is anything special.
The Jetbeam RRt-01 is 600lumen, while the Neutron is only 470 lumens.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Thrunite Neutron 2A v2, isn't as compact. Also not a design that is anything special.
The Jetbeam RRt-01 is 600lumen, while the Neutron is only 470 lumens.

On a more apples-to-apples to comparison (CR123 vs NiMh; 16340 vs 14500) the Neutron V2 is brighter than any of your selections, although is about 1/2" longer. In a pinch, you can pick up AAs in any gas station/convenience store, and also run it in a 2AA config for more runtime. The "special" thing about this light is that it is really the first (and only) 1.5V 1xAA/Eneloop light that can out power the vast majority of 3V class (1CR123 and 2AA) lights, and on 1x 14500 Li-ion, can keep up with the 6V (2CR123) class.

Tapis

Enlightened
Thanks reppans for the clarification. And I love its ideally spaced brightness levels, especially the moonlight and a mid of about 70 lumens. Eager to try it as soon as it's out.

Bruno28

Enlightened
d6b30409e1af1677d0997eaf2d3d78a6.jpg

Here is my edc size line up. There is still the Olight i3s to arrive. :)

Last edited:

Latest posts