Jetbeam RRT-3 (3 XM-L) **updated pics**

gopajti

Flashlight Enthusiast
some details (ANSI FL1)

- 5lm (250h), 180lm (18h), 400lm (6h30m), 620lm (4h), 850lm (3h), 1200lm (2h), 1950lm (1h)
- 30000cd
- distance: 346m
- impact resistant: 1.5m

3x XM-L T6, 3x 18650 Li-ion, 6.5V-15V
67mm (head), 46mm (diameter), 198mm (length), 560g (weight)

retail price approx: 345-420 USD

snap440.jpg

snap441.jpg

snap442.jpg

Last edited:

Rat

Flashlight Enthusiast
So would I be correct in saying this RRT-3. Will throw a lot less then the SST-50 version ?
Going by Jetbeams website the new XM-L version throws at 346m and the SST-50 was 700yards around 600m. So it throws a lot less which is what you would expect from a XM-L light.
Now they seem to have no big thrower in there new line up I wonder if they have somthing in the making to fill this hole ?
I have to many flood XM-L's in my line up so will be passing on this one. To be truthfull I cannot wait till a new led chip hits the market as I am getting sick of every new light that comes out is a XM-L. We need a new killer throw chip
Do not get me wrong I love the XM-L chip I just would like to see something new.

Cheers

peterharvey73

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope they sell the new RRT-3 3xXM-L small multiple shallow reflector floodlight alongside the existing RRT-3 SST-50 single big deep reflector thrower.
If the RRT-3 SST-50 thrower has been discontinued according to the website above, I would be very sad...

Last edited:

AFKAN

Newly Enlightened
Got to say my SST-50 RRT3 is fantastic :D I thought they might have gone for an SST-90 rather than the triple set up, but hey ho :(

tre

Flashlight Enthusiast
So would I be correct in saying this RRT-3. Will throw a lot less then the SST-50 version ?
Going by Jetbeams website the new XM-L version throws at 346m and the SST-50 was 700yards around 600m. So it throws a lot less which is what you would expect from a XM-L light.

Yes, Of course a triple in the same head as a single will throw less. The reflectors are much smaller. That said, a single XML will out throw a single SST-50 in the same reflector.

ms1496

Newly Enlightened
I was about to pull the trigger on the TK70, but seeing this makes me change my mind... I like the fact that it has quite a few levels to choose from, though I wish there were more levels in between 5-200 lumens. And best of all its a lot smaller than the TK70. I think the run times aren't a whole lot different on high either if comparing to what people are reporting with the Fenix. :thumbsup:

The form factor is great and I really like the quality of all the Jets I currently own... So I think once I can find it ava online I will jump on it.

One thing tho, has any one noticed that some of the photos on the website show a 1200 lumen inscribed body?? I presume since the exterior hasn't changed they just re-used a few photos they already had... :thinking: but come on JetBeam, really?!

ms1496

Newly Enlightened
Just saw the price show up for pre-order on BugOut USA eta 9/20....

425$ :ohgeez:

I sure hope that the discounts some sellers are running will be ava to knock this down a little... That price is close to SR90 territory, plus some when you factor in the 50$ worth of AWs to feed the thing.

ms1496

Newly Enlightened
Looks like the price changed...

Last night when I was on the site I added this to my cart to see if the discount worked. When I came back this evening (resume my computer from standby) and selected to keep shopping, I see it for $325 on the site but still $425 in my cart!lol :shrug:
(Must have been a site typo)

SoCal5150

Newly Enlightened
Awesome video! Thanks for the link! Can't wait to see some reviews of this light...could be on my Xmas wish list..

recDNA

Flashaholic
For that kind of money you need the throw and the output. Tk70 blows it away for half the money.